Bad Luck, Prince

trigger warnings: eating disorder, implied self-harm, Roman being an angsty boi, threats by Remus, a bit of violence.

other warnings: heated kissing, Remus saying all that stuff- that's all-

A/N: Has sympathetic! Remus, and this book is all about Prinxiety, Demus, Logicality and Remile :p This is all over the place BTW. Y'all should really listen to the song-I'm in love with it- I would sing it If i could.

Roman had waited so many years to build up the courage to ask Virgil out. The emo and self-proclaimed 'bad boy' had helped Roman through tough times and the faded scars that were across his arms. It was obvious Roman had a crush on Virgil to everybody except, well, Virgil himself.

Roman had decided to go extra, writing a whole poem of everything he loved about Virgil. Remus had suggested some..strange things for the poem jokingly, earning a playful turn-down by Roman. Roman ended up turning the poem into a Disney-like love song because they were both suckers for Disney. Complete with a soundtrack. Roman had slipped it in an envelope and stuck a purple rose sticker to seal it. He made sure to not make anything more dramatic in the fear of give his crush a panic attack.

The day he chose to confess, he'd gone casual, just slightly more well dressed. Patton and Logan were waiting for him. Patton would've almost *figuratively* exploded with excitement when he heard the news. Logan had small slightly before trying to calm his boyfriend down. Remus had shouted, "MAKE SURE YOU SUCK HIS-" Before Damien or 'Deceit' had interrupted him by slapping a hand over his mouth.

Logan had driven Patton and Roman to school, being the only friend who had a car and driver's licence. Virgil was chatting to one of Roman's theatre group friends. Roman wasn't unduly worried, the dude was a pretty nice guy, though he could go out of his way to get revenge. Roman was sure he'd never done anything to tick off that guy, so he assumed it was a friendly conversation. 

"Hello, My Chemically Imbalanced Romance!" Roman announced, hopping out of the car and jogging towards the two.

Virgil smirked and waved. For a split second, he swore there was a malicious glint in the theatre buddy's eyes. He shook that thought off. The guy was pretty nice, he also helped him when his old friends turned against him, what malicious intent could there be? 

The school day flew by, and Roman went to find Virgil after school. He had a tip-off from Damien that he was at the bleachers. Roman kept that little song in his jacket pocket and he approached the bleachers. He took out the little envelope, humming 'A whole new world'.

He froze in his tracks. The envelope fluttered to the ground. The drama kid from earlier and Virgil were engaged in a heated kiss. The feelings that had vanished with Virgil arose in him, suffocating him, springing tears in his eyes. When the two broke apart, the guy smiled wickedly and mouthed to Roman 'Bad luck, prince'

Roman bolted. He didn't know where he was going. Just away from here. He brushed past Remus who had been approaching the bleachers to see how it went.

"Ro, what happened?" He yelled. Roman kept going. Logan, Patton, Damien and Remus exchanged worried looks before chasing after him.

When Roman stopped, he just spilt it all, barely able to speak and see through the blur of tears. Remus stood, blood pounding and anger flaming. He would not let Roman be un-avenged. He stormed off to find Virgil. 

He found him at the back of the school, arguing with Theo (The theatre kid now has a name.).

"You kissed back!"

"It was a moment of weakness, and for a split second I imagined you were somebody I actually liked!"

"Fine, whatever, I just wanted to get back at Roman!"

Remus grabbed Theo by the collar. "Why would you wanna get back at my brother, Theo? Why?" Remus growled. Virgil's eyes widened and he took a step back.

"You're not going anywhere, friend!"

Virgil fidgeted. Scared? Yes. Panic Attack? Nope. Hotel? Trivago.

Remus threw Theo at the wall, not knocking him unconscious, but definitely knocking his breath out of his lungs. He cornered Virgil and slapped him. Hard. 

"My brother loves you, b**ch! You just shattered his effing heart!"

He stormed away, leaving a shocked Virgil and an injured Theo.