.Merman pt 2

A/N: Yo- the views are climbing quickly, frickety frackety. I find it hilarious how a bunch of people read it but don't comment. But I just sound weird and a r/nicegirl writing that but whAteVer. Keep in mind that Roman hasn't actually had any direct experience with humans. SO he does not give a damn.

ALSO: Next part might come soon.

Virgil's P.O.V

"Logan? I need to understand what just happened." 

Logan yawned and rubbed his eyes. He took out his glasses seemingly out of nowhere and pushed them on. He glared at me blarily. 

"You expect me to explain events that probably were your delusions?" He asked me, I mean, hey, I would be pissed too. I would probably kill whoever woke me up at one.

"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think I am-"

"That is not reassuring at all." 

"But I've been hearing this weird musical warble in my head for a long time, it was pretty faint until just now-" I blabbered.

"Warbling? I suggest that either you have the Mermaid's Song or you're insane. Most likely is the second"

"Mermaid's Song?"

"Yes. It's from a village myth of so-called mermaids. Mermaids would follow a song to their soulmate."

"Mermaids."

"Yes. Stop repeating what I said, not what is the apparent fantastical event that has happened to you."

"I swear the warbling got louder when this cute guy appeared. He saw me and apparently got terrified-"

"Can't blame him."

I scowled and continued on, "When he dropped down, he swam away and he had this red and gold tail!"

He sighed. "Are you absolutely convinced?"

"100%"

Roman's P.O.V

My heart was pounding. My face was warm and the song had muffled. Was my soulmate a human? Yup. Did I fall in love with him immediately? Yup. Can I understand him? Not a smidge. 

I sighed and rested my head against some kelp and drifted to sleep.

when I woke up, I saw the boat moving. I couldn't lose my soulmate, that would be horrible. I swam next to the boat. Watching for the cute boy, I squinted my eyes. I saw him clearer than in the night. His hair was a dark brown, with light brown clothes. Nice purple eyes. I swam up and waved. His eyes darted tome and made his strange resonating noises. Another human walked to the side next to him and his eyes widened. I wonder why. They chattered and Cute Boy (TM) gestured for me to come over. 

I shot out of the water and gripped the ledge again. I giggled and waved. He smiled and waved back. His friend stared at me.

Virgil's P.O.V

The dude was cute. And the song of meaningless warbles was playing in a loud volume. I checked over my shoulder. The other crew members would just assume Lo and I were arguing per usual. He giggled and warbled cheerfully.

Logan cleared his throat.

"So this is your crush? AN ACTUAL frEaKinG mErmaId-" I had a feeling Lo was on the edge of an existential crisis.

The merman giggled again in that freaking adorable way and scribbled writing on the ledge.  I actually recognised this. It was from an old fantasy I used to read. I memorised all the letters so I could piece the words together.

'I'm Roman!' It read.

I wrote carefully 'Virgil'. His eyes brightened and I turned to Logan. He was talking to the ship's cook Patton GoodHart. I'm pretty sure they thought I wouldn't notice, but they sure kissed a lot in the shaded areas of the ship. Huh. A cook and a map-reader.

I heard rapid footsteps approaching. Deceit. I turned to Roman and made a shooing gesture. He peeked over my shoulder, looked at me, then gave me a kiss on THE LIPS and swam away.

"I though mermaids were just myths." He called out. He'd saw.

I just looove cliffhangers, next part will be less hectic and fluffy, I swear!