Red Dahlias

What if, rather than an animal, Roman is represented by a flower? Because you can't really have two separate animals if you were one entity. Perhaps the king had a flower AND an animal. He could actually be the only neutral side.

They used to be common dahlias, not yet bloomed but wrapped around his door like vines. They were pretty, everybody thought. They represented Creativity as a whole. 

But after Selfishness vs Selflessness Redux,  they bloomed into a bright red. Nobody really understood why. Roman didn't come out of his room. Janus would knock on the door occasionally and would recoil at the coldness of the door. Logan would knock and the dahlias turned a violent red. Patton could not knock at all, like the door was repelling him. Virgil and Remus seemed to be the only ones to be let in.

Remus and Janus seemed to be on bad terms too. Virgil obviously was not pleased with Janus. Patton was confused on the terms, but Virgil seemed to turn down the fact that Janus was an OK person. 

That's all. I'll try to work with your prompts when I have an idea to write down using them. I honestly can't believe I got so many views. Thank you so much! You guys have permission to use this as a prompt, as long as I'm credited. Feel free to take this story wherever you want!