Free

TW: Bullying, physical abuse, suggested divorce, fainting, a bleeding nose, suicide (thank u to teh person who reminded me to add this warning)

More like prinxiety angst than anything. terrible writing but at least I can crush all your souls.

Roman was practically a ghost. He avoided conversations and people. He was just a shell of his old self. He flinched if people touched him. He covered his ears at loud noises and could be found crying in the bathroom. He took pills and the teachers seemed to know more than the students. They could only wonder. What happened to Roman Princeton?

Roman Princeton was popular for all the right reasons. He was popular among student for his habit to leap to defend them in the face of the most dangerous bullies, even if it left him with a black eye. He made sure the teachers could teach and got high grades. He was a theatre kid and made everybody smile with his tendency to burst into a song in awkward situations.

He was happy. He cracked jokes. Most importantly, he'd saved someone's life. Virgil Andrew. 

Virgil had been a victim of bullying and the bullies decided they wanted him dead. They chased him and threw rocks. He'd been terrified. He'd heard a voice and Roman Princeton had been arguing with the bullies.

"Maybe YOU'RE the reason your mum and dad split up!" He heard one sneer. Roman froze and stared at them coldly. For the first time, the guy looked scary. The bullied scrambled. Roman returned to his cheerful demeanour, SNAP, just like that.

"You okay?" Roman asked gently. Virgil mumbled that he was fine.

For the next week, Virgil became good friends with Roman. Virgil had fallen for Roman. Hard. Roman had too. They just were too nervous to admit it.

It all changed the day Roman was called to the office. Virgil was in the sick bay, having a bleeding nose that appeared from nowhere (This happened to me a lot when I was younger ;w;)

He'd heard Roman gasp and practically bolt out of the door. Apparently his twin had been attacked. He'd been in such a hurry, he'd got hit by a car. 

Luckily he survived, but he stayed in hospital. Virgil and the rest of his friends visited him a lot. When he'd gotten out, he seemed constantly tired and swallowed pills twice a day in school.

Anti-depressants. Roman had been depressed but he kept up his facade for months before the crash. It seemed like such a big effort to keep it up. Next thing he knew, his home life had leaked out. Virgil was there for him, of course, but he didn't know how serious it was.

Roman sighed. He left the note on the outside of his door and stood on the chair. He slipped the noose around his neck. He kicked the chair from under him. Although he loved Virgil, he didn't want anyone to be weighed down. He didn't want his brother and crush to constantly worry about him. He felt the world fade to black.

He was finally free