Pride Pt 1

Warnings/Triggers:  mentions of self-harm, self deprecating thoughts, Sympathetic! Dark sides, Sympathetic! Light sides, pain (?).

Roman ran his finger through his hair. He couldn't think of anything but cliches. He was Creativity for heaven's sake! He couldn't stand not being good enough. All his ideas were trash, cliche or nonsensical. 

Maybe a quick  break in the imagination would fix it. He sank down and rose up in the imagination. He explored it whenever he had time or needed a break from the high expectations he set for himself. He'd been exploring the beach. The beaches changed daily and this beach was rocky, but not disappointing. He collected shells and such items. He spotted something a few metres away. Perhaps it could solve his creative block.

A small crystal shard sat in the sand. It was deep and dark crimson, swirling with a variety of other colours. He'd never seen one of those before. Perhaps he had done something to these crystal when he and Remus were 'The king'. He had a sudden idea, but he needed the crystal to do it. Roman picked it up.

Pain shot up his arm, he dropped the crystal. A slow black was creeping up his arm. Roman needed help. He should've thought about this logically. He should've though about his instincts at heart. He should have been nervous about it. He rose in the bathroom and desperately tried to wash it off to no avail. It moved to his waist, then his legs.

 It hurt a lot more than he was used to. And that was saying a lot. He'd fought against monsters and hurt himself too. But this was worse. When it covered him completely he found himself in a white room next to a side..

"Hello, Roman," the figure purred. Even in the whiteness of the room, it remained completely black except for it's colour-changing eyes. It seemed to bore into his head. It approached him. Roman reached for his sword. But he couldn't. He was frozen in place. He fought to try and move his own limbs for hours, to no avail. A hazy name for the crystal popped into his mind. The Corruption Crystal. Perhaps when he was The King he created it. 

Suddenly the desire of giving up filled him. His eyelids drooped. He was so tired..

A brainwave hit him. Every story had a villain. Deceit was more of a reluctant helper, but a protagonist. Remus was the crazy side-kick who everybody loved instantly. Virgil was the hero, shining his flaws in a way to make them perfect. Patton was the same, as was Logan. A story had never NOT had a conflict. And with conflict, a villain is needed to cause it. He was so sick..he wanted to be proud of himself, but everything he did was wrong. Perhaps this prince wasn't meant for glory. Maybe..he was the villain. No story can be without a villain.

 This processed through his clouded mind. It was filled with doubt. He gave up into the cold clutches of the figure. 

"Great choice, Roman..." The Corrupter murmured into Good Creativity's ear.