The Destructive One (PART 3)

Two things. One, this is probably gonna end up really chunky. I'll continue writing it in a new book or my Insecurity! Roman one-shots. Two, Roman only remember the dark side bit of his past, so he doesn't remember Patton, Logan or Virgil. Well, he pretends not to recognise Virgil. 'Cause trust issues.

Also, maybe Insecurity! Roman talks a bit childishly because he technically holds all Thomas' childhood beliefs, and clings onto them desperately.

TW: Burning/self-harm in a way?

Virgil and Logan stumbled into the hallway, the ringing of the voice inside their ears.  The room had conjured another door, replacing the one Virgil kicked down. 

"What are we gonna tell the others? That Roman is actually Romulus? That he somehow changed??" Virgil asked, glancing back at the door.  

Logan frowned, "That actually would be the most logical way to explain it, in theory."

Remus popped up behind them.

"Explain what?"

Virgil almost jumped a metre in the air. Logan made no movement at all.

"Ah, it's The Duke."

"No *Bleep* kidding!"

"Spill it," Remus said, balancing on the ceiling. 

Logan stared, confused at how balancing on the ceiling was even possible. He ended up dismissing it. It was Remus after all.

"Well, we found that Roman's room is not quite his own. He also calls himself Romulus and I'm unsure if he actually and genuinely remembers us."

Remus almost fell off the ceiling.

"*Bleep*! Be right back!"

Remus popped into Roman's room. 

It looked exactly as it used to before he became a light side. 

"Romulus...?" He asked, and a pair of panicked eyes met his. 

He knew this too well. Roman-or Romulus, whatever- would tend to lose control and the voices and shackles would scare him. It was strange seeing his twin actually being the actual destructive one again.

Romulus let out a choked sob. 

"'Mus. Hurts!" He cried out, and it reminded him when they were little: when the twin had lost control for the first time. 

"Ro, take them off!" Remus practically yelled, referring to the shackles.

"Can't. Might hurt someone!"

"DO IT!"

"I CAN'T HURT YOU AGAIN!"

Remus faltered momentarily. He had hoped that trauma of hurting him that first time wouldn't affect basically factory reset Romulus. Unfortunately, it did.

"...Please?"

Romulus dropped his gaze and bit his lip. He relented, letting the smoking shackles fall onto the floor. 

Remus felt as if they were back to little kids. 

Remus treating the burns and Romulus accidentally burning stuff if it stung.

Remus missed the quality time with his brother, but this was not how he imagined it would go. Not exactly how it used to be.

He heard a light snoring and saw his twin, head tilted back and snoring. He smirked and took a photo.

Maybe blackmail once Romulus went back to Roman. Maybe.