Shadow

TW: Violence, nightmares, idk what else-

Roman ran. He knew it was chasing him, reaching for him. He ran, his breathing uneven as he dodged the claw reaching out for him. He never wanted to be this. He never wanted to run away from himself. He slammed into an invisible wall.

He fell to the ground, panting and crying. The claw closed around him.

He woke up, screaming and crying. He heard gentle knocks on the door.

"Princey, just let us in"

Roman refused to. He'd hurt one of them. The Changing twisted his powers to hurt even if accidental. 

Virgil grabbed his arm. "Where are you going?"

Roman flinched instinctively. A shadowy claw rose from behind and slashed at the anxious trait. Virgil fell back, shocked. Roman stopped in his tracks and turned around.

"I'm sorry!" The princely trait cried. But the others backed away slightly. They'd never seen this happen to a trait before, having a power completely against their role. Unless his role was changing. 

"Princey-"

"Stop! Don't make me feel better! I'm a monster! Always have been! I don't want to hurt you any more than I have!" He yelled, fleeing to his bedroom.

That had been a week ago. He'd refused to come out of his room. Besides, The Changing was progressing faster than ever. His princely outfit was more dark and ominous. Shackles were around his ankles, wrists and necks.

The Changing happened whenever a side began having trouble with their roles and start having a different mind-set of what they should have. Roman was meant to be the prideful trait. He tried. He really did. But his slip-ups seemed to happen more often than usual.

So, his form was Insecurity. The powers have passed on to whatever new creativity would appear. He was no longer the Creative trait. He was just a shadow of somebody meant to be happy.