Lies and Scars

Virgil had a few small scars on his body. Every time he lied they appeared. They were small lies, nothing that had hurt them when they appeared. Most to get out of uncomfortable situation. He was working in his coffee shop, when a new customer approached. 

Virgil looked up and froze. This guy was handsome, if not for the huge scar running across his left eye. It was halfway from his cheek and half-way to his forehead. What big lie did this guy tell, so often? More importantly, how did he only tell one lie all his life?

"I'd like (insert coffee flavour or whatnot) with sprinkles!"He said cheerfully.

Virgil wrote the order down hurriedly and made it. He handed it to the slightly tanned man. He watched as the guy made his way to an unlikely pair. A guy who looked almost identical, without the scars and a few light scratches. Also a moustache. The other guy had a burn mark covering half his face.

Time skip brought to you by the hugeness of Roman's lie.

Virgil actually became friends with the strange man, who's name was Roman. When Roman and Virgil were talking one day, Virgil discovered the huge lie.

Roman had been staring gloomily into his coffee. 

"You 'kay there princey?" Virgil asked, sipping from his cup of hot chocolate. 

Roman forced a cocky smile and replied "Yup!"

The scar deepened. He clutched it in pain.

"..You're not okay, are you?"

Roman shook his head slowly and got up.

"Ro- wait!"

Roman ran, and Virgil would'e chased if not for the fear of making it worse. His friend's biggest and only lie was that he was okay.

Roman was definitely NOT okay.

Short ,angsty and ends on a cliff-hanger. Don't you love that? No part two, just this one-shot. :)