Broken Wings Can't Fly (Part 4)

Warnings/triggers: PTSD attack,  verbal abuse, fighting(?), violence, Remus being Remus, all that jazz.

*UNEDITED*

Virgil's P.O.V

Ro's brother was certainly strange. I mean, I know they're twins and all. But I can't get over the fact that Remus looks like a crazy green Ro with a moustache. He practically thrived on the slightest bit material that could be sexualised. 

Roman and his brother chat a lot, and Roman seemed more animated and actually had a will to live for the first time since I'd met him.

Remus and Roman had both described each other as a mirror twin, opposite but looked almost exactly the same. When Remus used his light power and little instinctive chill ran down my spine. There hadn't been a dark Avem faery for a long time. Most feared them, but looking at Ro, I can't imagine him killing people for the sake of it. He was clumsy and when he watched Disney for the first time, his eyes lit up with wonder. Bad guys typically aren't afraid of their own kind when they first reunite. 

He'd told me a few horrible stories when Remus was around, like having the presence of a potentially mentally unstable twin encouraged him to speak out. But it was Remus who personally told me that the king, their own father, had hacked them off carelessly with a sword. 

It seemed like Roman and Remus' dad was a huge hater of Dark faeries. Surprise, surprise, Roman was one. I saw a boy with the half snake face walk by. I didn't like him, he rubbed me off the wrong way, but that'd probably be because he has a curse to only speak lies. I don't like back-ward talking, too stressful to decipher.

Remus' P.O.V

I turned the corner and bought a few loaves of bread from deer-man Patton. Ro needed to eat. As much as I'd wanted him to be healthier, he only nibbled slightly more on food than he used to. V-man assured me that was better than before, but I still dislike it. 

I turn around and bumped into somebody. I don't go 'waTch WhErE yOu'Re GoinG' or 'SOORRRYYY'. I just stare. DAmN, he was my kind of a hottie. Half his face was covered in scales, snake scales, and he had a yellow eye that matched a snake's. We just stared at each other before I wrote a quick message on his receipt. I skipped away cheerfully, leaving him to loook at the message.

Deceit's P.O.V

'Call me daddy ;)

    xxx-xxx-xxxx'

My face flushed and I glanced at where the guy was happily skipping away. Damn- I just fell in love. Maybe this guy would be the guy who breaks my curse?

Timeskip brought to you by my love of Demus, Prinxiety, Remile and Logicality (MY FIRST PROPER TIME SKIP...I think)

The king declared war on us. Within a day, he had armies attacking us from everywhere. Luckily it was a full moon, so my powers were extra-charged. Everybody fought as much as the could, although Patt threw burnt pieces of bread at the enemy, but hey, at least he tried. Logan, Emile and Remy fought as viciously as they could together.

Half way through through the battle I hear a scream of terror. The king was approaching Roman, sword drawn. I called out to Remus a bit too late. Roman fell to the ground by his own will, screaming in a tempest tongue.

Roman's P.O.V

I begged him to stop, he just let me watch him slay my own kind with his sword. He forced me to watch every moment. He moved on to me, raisin his sword, and I dodged his swing, his slice cutting a clump of hair out. I screamed and ran.

So many memories. So much pain. I screamed, my throat was dry and sour but I kept screaming.

Deceit's P.O.V

I watched the prince scream like he was being hacked to pieces. His father backed away, covering his ears. I realised everybody but Remus was covering their ears. Dark and thick smoke poured from his mouth and his whole body. Virgil tried to approach but Remus waved him back. He approached his brother slowly. 

Remus held Roman's hand and immediately sang along with Roman's screams. Gentle white and Green mist, connecting and mingling with the dark smoke. The king stepped forward, raising his sword for the kill, trying to beat the screams and singing. The screams got louder and so did the singing, it knocked him off his feet. He started to scream, I presume through the mist and smoke rapidly going down his lungs. 

He screamed and backed out...an off a cliff. The armies, now unsure where to go and what to do wisely surrendered.  We cheered happily and Remus can up to me. I swear the world stopped when he kissed me. My first damn kiss.

"Wow.." I breathed. Our eyes widened simultaneously, and we realised the curse was broken. I giggled giddily and kissed him again.  

||What happened after||

Roman gave up royalty for a peaceful life with Virgil. Didn't completely get cured of PTSD or depression, but he made considerable progress.

Dee became King with Remus. They're schedule consisted of constantly making out when nobody was looking.

Patt and Logan got married! 

Emile and Remy finally started dating after 'subtle' hints from both.

The 'other side' and the kingdom were united, but still stayed separate lives from the other.

Roman never got his wings back, but who cares? It was what made him special, it reminded him that he was strong in another way.

AHH! Guys it's actually finished! This long as heck one-shot series! I had a fun time writing this chain! I'll be back with some short angsty angsts so you won't deal with these series of one-shots! Hahaha. See you, my famILY!