Gardening

All my one-shots are just gonna be Roman being some sort of moth child at this point ;w; 

Headcannon that Roman is just perfect at gardening. And he gardens all the time.

Roman had a secret. It wasn't a dark one, but it was kind of embarrassing for a prince. He had a garden. He had small pot plants in his room and huge gardens in The Imagination. It was a fun way to relax and forget about his worries. Especially after that episode.

He had thrown off the princely shirt and was wearing the black t-shirt that was underneath it. Roman dug the spade into the ground aggressively, digging out the dirt. It was somehow therapeutic.

He conjured up a few pots of flowers, red dahlias, lilies and chrysanthemums. 

He didn't know where he got his passion for gardening came from. Maybe it was from the 'Emperor' or something. He didn't know, honestly. He just found he was more comfortable gardening than annoying the other sides. 

He planted the flowers carefully and more gently. He didn't want to harm anything, that was against his whole purpose. He much preferred watching things grow.

Roman sighed contently, taking a whiff of the fragrances of his planted flowers. He imagined he would rather like these flowers if he ever or somehow died. Woah, that was morbid. He sighed again, clenching his spade tighter and throwing it just in case he turned out to be as destructive as he thought he was.

He propped his head in his muddy hands and sighed. His moth cravings had gotten stronger and he would definitely not let the others know about it. His animal paled in comparison to a Frogger, a snake and an octopus. Also could be taken literally. Since...snakes and frogs eat moths. 

He groaned and cringed at the internal explanation he thought to himself. 

Creative block, He thought numbly. The wind had stopped blowing and the villagers nearby were frozen into place. He sighed and went to open the door out of the Imagination. He jiggled the handle. It was stuck. He tried to kick it down, but it stayed in place, frozen just as the rest of his Imagination was. He almost could have broken down right then and there. And he did just that.

He slumped and sobbed into his legs. He wished he wasn't such a failure that he was stuck in his own realm. Roman unravelled the bandages and looked at his battle wounds. Proof he could never be the perfect hero for Thomas. Proof he was far from what Patton and Thomas needed.

He sighed, resting his head against his door after the crying session. He'd just rest here. With the flowers that seemed to be the only creatures that liked him.

Writing this in French because I cannot focus on the work-