Insecurity! AU

I thought of this in the shower- 

Every character is pretty much the same EXCEPT Roman is Insecurity and hopes/daydreams rather than Ego, Hope, passion, Creativity. Roman's name is also Romulus <3

TW: kind of toxic environment

Romulus picked the nail polish of his nails, sighing softly. It was another argument between Virgil and Janus. He didn't understand how Anxiety could hate lying. When people panic, they laugh and lie sometimes, right?

He sighed and grabbed his sketchbook. He shoved it into his saddlebag and decided to go 'upstairs' to take some sneaky reference photos of them.

He crept up the stairs quietly and just as he made it up, he heard shoes flopping against the floor. He panicked and flew to the ceiling, pressing him and his Scarlet Tiger Moth wings against it.

A tall-ish man with a cardigan tied around his neck skipped towards the door decorated with stars and sciency stuff. He knocked cheerfully and a barely shorter but colder looking side opened it.

"C'mon, Lo! Come eat!" The cardigan man chirped, his eyes glittering hopefully.

"I suppose it would be illogical to not have healthy breaks." The tie-wearing man responded reluctantly. He almost glanced up, but luckily for Romulus, cardigan man pulled him away.

Romulus covered his mouth with two of his extra arms that came with the moth form, and clung to the ceiling with the other two. The pair walked to the supposed kitchen. Roman slowly flew down.

Good thing he'd snapped a photo.

He flew quietly downstairs. He slouched against the wall, trying to block out the yelling as he drew the two sides carefully. He hoped they would stop fighting soon. He didn't know if he or Remus had the capacity to listen to them screaming.

He sketched his small sketchbook drawing on his bedroom's wall. A happy family. Janus and the necktie guy chatting with cardigan man. Virgil talking with Remus casually, but still keeping his tense muscles and slouch. He paused. No matter where he put himself...he didn't fit. He opted the middle but assumed that was too self-centred. He opted in the background.

He made sure he painted the figures with the right shades of paint. Romulus worked on this mural for months, only doing it when it was in the dead of the night. That way, his twin would be fast asleep and nothing could wake up Remus easily.

He finished and drew the curtains to close over it. Romulus moved his bed back in front of the curtain and smiled for the first time in a while.

It was the night just before Virgil went upstairs and stayed there. 

kinda crappy ngl