Just thought of something

So I know there's probably a lot of Roman stans and Unsympathetic! Roman fans, but I want to explain something I've been thinking of.

So Roman is being villainised quite recently. I can understand why, I'm not blinded by devotion and love for my Royal Boi. He shouldn't have laughed at Janus' name when it took a lot to admit it. But Janus called Roman 'evil' technically. They are both at fault.

Most sides seem to have a soft spot for Patton, mostly Roman and Virgil from what I've seen from the clips and out of context videos. Virgil seems like he would deck anybody who would hurt Patton. Roman will agree a lot with Patton, no matter how stereotypical it might be. 

During Putting Others First, Roman's first instinct to put up walls when questioned. He is dismissive of his own ideas, which is definitely not a good sign for his self-esteem or for an embodiment of creativity. Normally we could dismiss this with him learning humbleness. But we've seen unfiltered creativity from Remus and perhaps earlier episodes of Roman. Creativity shouldn't be filtered before they even form. You can't listen to the first step of a procedure and stop there. So this is a bigger red flag than thought to be.

But you can also relate his views on Janus to Virgil. Even before the snake boi was introduced, Virgil had a 'distaste' (hate-) of anything associated with lies. I don't believe the aggression to Janus from Virgil will stop. Why would Virgil give up something he wanted away for such a long time? There's no predicting what Roman will do. Despite on how long he's been in the series, nobody seems to know what he'll do next. 

I will explain why Roman is not, in fact, unsympathetic. Roman has bad blood with Janus currently, since he felt cheated and manipulated, giving a huge blow on a lowering self esteem/worth. It explains the hostile attitude towards the lying trait. It's very possible that Roman is scared of Remus. We've seen Roman knocked out twice by Remus, so it's reasonable to say Roman could not want to be something he is possibly scared of. Virgil basically contradicted Roman's hopes and dreams and also supported them unintentionally. I quote 'Oh that's funny, so half of my ideas wouldn't come true without Anxiety/Virgil giving me reason to'. So it makes sense if Roman would feel attacked yet also the attacker.

That's all I have, bye!