Week 4: Insecurity

Romulus bit his bottom lip, excessively trying to get rid of every flaw on his face with makeup or some magic. The room whirled with voices and he hugged his moth plush for comfort.

It was 5 a.m in the morning and he was currently obsessing over his appearance. 

He knew worrying was Virgil's thing. But he was worried about the Original. He knew all this dark side headcanons must be affecting him somehow. And he knew this challenge might mess him up more. 

He sighed and bonked his head on his desk. He tossed the plush onto his bed and grabbed Mrs Fluffy Bottom instead.

She was old, but she was fluffy. And she was a big comfort.

Insecurity sighed and laid his head on his desk.

The sides found Insecurity did not like loud noises. Or spiders. Or birds. Or frogs. Or snakes.

This made him very wary of the sides. He was a bit like Pride with his small hatred of them. 

"Hey, kiddo! Why won't you take off the blindfold? How can you see?"

Quick as a flash, he spitefully took off the blindfold. Underneath were pretty eyes that shifted colour every second. But Patton had a millisecond to appreciate them before being absolutely knocked of his balances by whirls and shouts and eerie whispers that were so jumbled it was hard to tell what they were saying.

He stalked away and past an arriving Virgil, who could faintly smell something burning as he passed.

Insecurity seemed to like Logan better than anyone, but that wasn't saying much, considering that he absolutely avoided the sides as much as possible. He seemed to tolerate Logan.

The night before he left, he reluctantly joined the other on the sofa for movie night. He sat in-between Logan and Remus. He seemed to find it safer there.

Just before he went to sleep, he hoped that Roman would wake up surrounded by snoring and cuddling sides.