CHAPTER 1

AS QUIET AS BUTTERFLY, she walked down the stairs with her head hung low as she avoided the curious eyes of her new family

It was the fifth one she had met and she tried to be as sweet and as bearable as possible, she met her foster mother in the kitchen making a quick breakfast for the day.

"Elizabeth, sweetheart could you get the black pepper for me please?" She kindly asked the blonde girl who quickly grabbed it before handing it to her before being offered a sweet thank you.

She sat on one of the stools that were infront of the kitchen  counter waiting patiently. Fiddling with her hands she looked up again when hearing steps coming down the stairs.

Her adoptive father rushed into the kitchen grabbed a piece of toast then kissed his wife goodbye before bidding Elizabeth goodbye as well.

"Alright I'll be on my way, you sure you don't need me to drop you off to school kiddo?" He asked before receiving a quick shake of the head.

"No thank you, I would rather take the bike instead but thank you for the offer Mr Wallis" She answered quietly.

He scoffed lightly "we don't need to be formal kiddo" he smiled before rushing out of the house.

"Alright! Here's your lunch-to-go! And your breakfast anything else sweetheart?" The woman asked.

She smiled kindly "Nothing else mr-" pausing before noticing the look she was given and quickly changing her response "Nothing else maya, thank you."

"Alright well then I better get ready for work then make sure to get to school safe oh! And don't be late on your first day dear!" She reminded the girl who was putting her stuff in her bag.

"I will, bye!"

She left the house and grabbed her bike, taking the nature route which was much quicker in her opinion she breathed in the smell of fresh air.

Arcadia the town was called, she had only been there for a month and she had already enjoyed being there a place surrounded mostly by green was definitely the best get away from things that distracted her.

Elizabeth still didn't have a chosen last name, she was in foster care of course she didn't want to to have the last name of the family she was with if she eventually was going to be sent away again.

Once she reached the school, she checked the time to make sure she was not too late but luckily she was 30 minutes early which gave her enough time to find her way around the place before students began flooding in.

Going inside she searched for a teacher to help her find her locker since she was told that she would be assigned to one the day that she came in.

Walking around the halls she eventually found the office of someone who she hoped would be of some help to her, "Mr stickler? Hm here goes nothing" knocking on the door she waited outside for either a response or for the teacher to come out.