CHAPTER 46

OPENING HER EYES SHE WAS CONFUSED AS TO WHY SHE WAS STILL IN HER ARMOUR, and remembered so little from her training, the sun wasn't up yet

OPENING HER EYES SHE WAS CONFUSED AS TO WHY SHE WAS STILL IN HER ARMOUR, and remembered so little from her training, the sun wasn't up yet. Sitting up she heard talking downstairs and grew suspicious, taking off her armour she wandered on down but stayed hidden as she listened in.

"You want her to what?!" Jim shouted as he was enraged by Merlin's suggestion.

"I want her to forfeit her mantle as chaoswielder" he said again before giving him an unimpressed look "need I say it again?"

Jim wanted to lunge at the man but Toby and Marc held him back. Claire asked him "but even if you did do that, how would you even do it?"

"Isn't a wielder supposed to die in order for the amulet to be passed on?" Toby wondered.

"Not necessarily, Agnar was a wielder, and yet, he is still alive." he reminded "in order for the amulet to move on, I must find another person worthy"

Jim said to him "but you can't do that to her" he felt saddened as he spoke "she's already given so much, it can't all be for nothing."

"Unfortunately, A wielder must be able to wield chaos, and the time of recovery she would need in order to do so, is far too long" Merlin explained solemnly "she is a capable wielder, but alas, her time has ended"

She listened to all of those words in horror and snuck back up into her room, shutting the door behind her. Sitting down she still tried to process all she had just heard.

'I want her to forfeit her mantle as chaoswielder'

'Find another person worthy'

'Her time has ended.'

'It can't all be for nothing'

The words echoed in her mind and she couldn't bear to hear them anymore, she walked up to her amulet and picked it up from her bed staring at it sadly. Her mind raced as she thought.

Clenching her amulet in her hand, she walked back down stairs still remaining inconspicuous.

Toby asked the wizard "maybe we can send her into a dimension where time is like, really slow?"

He scoffed and answered "of course, just allow me to-" he stopped himself as he noticed her standing at the end of the stairs "fair Eliza, wonderful to see you-"

"I heard everything," She said, making them know "why did the amulet choose me in the first place?" He was dead silent but stood tall "give me a good answer, and I'll let you take the amulet away." She said placing a deal.

He sighed not knowing what to say "the amulet needed a wielder to heal itself, and so it found one." He said carefully.

Biting at the inside of her cheek she clenched the amulet, she nodded regretfully "okay." Her answer worried them, looking down at her amulet for one last time she threw it to him "let's hope the amulet makes a better choice next time." Walking back upstairs she locked the door to her room, and sighed.