CHAPTER 12

TONIGHT THEY ALL GATHERED IN THE LIBRARY TO PROVE THEMSELVES RIGHT TO VENDEL, Elizabeth showed up early while the others were late

TONIGHT THEY ALL GATHERED IN THE LIBRARY TO PROVE THEMSELVES RIGHT TO VENDEL, Elizabeth showed up early while the others were late. Leaning against a pillar she felt this odd energy in the museum.

An energy that did not belong here, looking down at the palm of her hand her once dark purple glow was gold. It had to be the energy around her doing that.

"Lady Elizabeth, how are you feeling?" Blinky asked pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Hm? Oh yeah I'm fine just glad not to be freezing cold for once." She said playing it off jokingly, she still had second thoughts about what valoor had done while she was done. Did he go to bular? Did he conjur up a plan with him and the changelings she was told about, could she use that to her advantage?

"Are you sure, you have been quiet."

Finally explains she told him "what if Valoor somehow took me to the changelings or bular while I was gone? What if he made a plan?"

He chuckled and shook his head "highly unlikely my dear, but good question he could have done that but wouldn't you know?"

"I-" she stopped herself when she noticed that the boys were finally here.

Blinky frowned at them both "you're late!"

Toby explained their absence "sorry, draal was training jim." He grunted when jim elbowed him.

Elizabeth's eyes flew open in shock "wait, what?"

"Draal?"

"Training?" The two trolls asked in confusion.

"Yeah, he sorta made a home in my basement to look out for the place" he said in slight optimism.

"Of course! When a troll is defeated in combat, it's completely natural to take refuge in the Victor's domicile." Blinky spoke sarcastically but jim didn't pick up on that sarcasm.

"So you understand!"

He deadpanned int response "I understand such an arrangement could only end in disaster, utter disaster! "

Elizabeth looked at jim up and down before defending him "I mean he's still alive so that has to be a good sign!" She explained enthusiastically but felt vulnerable as they all stared "right?"

Vendel saved her from the awkward moment by angrily asking "are we simply waiting here to be discovered? Or were you planning on showing me this thing you believe to be the killahead bridge?"

Toby and Jim lead the way but he leaned into Elizabeth's whispering to her "if he was a real human he would make a really good stereotypical old man" Before walking away proudly knowing he earned a light laugh from her.

Jim opened a cloaked section of the library and Elizabeth immediately felt a headache hit her "you know what I'll just stay here..." she told them before sitting down against the wall.