CHAPTER 52

SITTING DOWN WITH HER LEGS HUGGED TO HER CHEST, she felt so conflicted

SITTING DOWN WITH HER LEGS HUGGED TO HER CHEST, she felt so conflicted. She wanted to remember who she really was, but what if she was, is something she might not want to go back to. She was scared of who she was thinking she might have been a monster or worse.

Walking back and forth along the branch she had her hands on her neck as she kept thinking rationally about this 'they seem like nice people, but what if they're trying to seem that way?' she wondered.Groaning she slammed her head against the tree, sighing she opened her eyes 'do I really wanna go back?'

"Maybe I could answer a few hundred questions?"

Yelping, she turned around and held her sword to Jim's neck, her eyes shocked him and he blushed slightly. They were both terrifying and beautiful as they were entirely purple and with black slits. Her eyes dilated back to normal and she groaned infuriated "you don't just sneak up on someone like that, and not expecting them to kill you in your place!" she backed away and sat back down "I said I'll be back, why are you here?"

He said to her "you said you wanted me to answer some of your questions, ask away."

Her eyes dilated and she allowed her legs to hang from the tree branch "really?"

He nodded "I want to help you remember" his eyes showed sadness "even though you might not remember everything, but hopefully as much as possible."

She smiled and patted the spot next to her "gee, where do I start?"

He chuckled saying "from the beginning."

"Okay..." curious she asked him "why did you call me Liz?"

His lips parted and he didn't know how to get himself out of this one, he did his best and answered carefully "Elizabeth Wallis, was your name. Before Mayana, that is"

Her eyes widened and she thought of it for a moment "Elizabeth..." scoffing she said "has a better ring to it than Mayana" she chuckled. Jim grinned as he saw her laughter "so if that's my name, then what's yours?"

He sighed before answering "Jim, Jim Lake" She smiled before looking back at the woods, he wondered "that's all the questions you have?"

She hummed and frowned slightly before standing up "I still have a lot, I just don't know if I want to know the answers to them" climbing up the tree she shouted "I mean no offence, but what if its a life I don't want back, and that's why I forgot?"

His eyes widened slightly as he felt a pang of pain hit him when she said that, climbing after her he said "what if I told you, you were wrong?"

Scoffing she looked down and said "of course you would say that." reaching the top she looked up at the dancing lights in the sky, she realised how bad her words must have sounded to him and clarified "believe me, I want to go back, to having a family, friends, something more than all of this." she grew fearful as she played with the cloth of her sleeve "but what if, I wasn't... you know, a good person?"