CHAPTER 19

"SHE PASSED UP YOUR FAMOUS EGG WHITE MANCHEGO OMELET?" Toby asked jim as they rode their bikes to school

"Yup." Jim answered sadly.

Elizabeth was half a sleep as she tried to muster up the energy to catch up.

"I mean, it's been like a month, and she's still not talking to you about the hospital thing?" Toby asked.

Jim was worried about his relationship with his mother "not a word."

"Brutal. You know a women is beyond angry when she starts dishing out the silent treatment!" Toby stated as he rode in circles.

Elizabeth yawned before saying "why not sit down with her and talk about it, that should be a good approach?"

"That sounds like a good idea but what if it doesn't work?" He said worriedly "I don't know how to fix this unless I tell her the truth! But if I do they'll send me to the crazy house."

She sighed "just try something, talking really is the best approach to this."

They placed their bikes at the bike racks and liz was trying her best to stay awake "hey you okay?"

She chuckled "define okay?"

They laughed, but toby deadpanned upon seeing Steve and his friends walk towards them "Lake, jumbo, blondie." He said as he walked past them.

Elizabeth was annoyed by the name and shrugged it off, Jim noticed and came up with something "They fixed your tooth! Now all they gotta do is fix your face!" He said while smiling.

"What did you just say? When I get you alone, payback is coming!" Steve threatened.

She grew tired of his words and caused a small branch to come out of the ground that was enough to trip him. He got up in a hurry and made it seem like nothing happened.

They made it seem as if they didn't see anything and once he was out of sight toby raised his fist to her "when did you learn that?"

"In the very, very long and excruciating self taught lessons." She replied bumping his fist.

__________________

They got into class and placed their stuff down, they heard two girls talk about strickler.

"I heard he was run out of town by a mob" Mary told gossiping as always.

"I heard he got a mail order bride and moved to North Korea." Darci said.

"As if. Where do you think Mr strickler went, Jimmy jam? You should know you were his fave." She asked.

"Who me?" He chuckled "oh uh... I don't know. He probably just needed a vacation?"

Toby leaned towards him "you really think strickler might come back?" He asked.

"After what went down? He'd be a fool to show his face again." He told.