CHAPTER 32

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWO WEEKS SHE SAW THE BATTLEFIELD FROM THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN, Corruption was monstrous and angry, fighting to achieve their objective at no matter the cost. Both fronts had fought valiantly but only one can stand on top, death surrounded them all as either spirits faded away as they were killed.

Elizabeth didn't know what to feel as the trauma began getting to her, looking down she wished to finish this quickly as she grew more and more afraid and terrified from the fight.

Going to the pillar she stayed there and felt her insides churn inside out from what was seeing, panicking she curled up into a ball.

"Now you see how hard it is" his voice told from behind her, it held sympathy for the young girl "the weight of doing what is right is greater than what any could ever imagine"

She clenched her teeth "get away from me"

He sighed and sat down infront of her "I understand your pain, you are doing this for them." he said placing his hands on her shoulders "this is the price, this is the cost of doing what is right and now you truly understand it."

Through gritted teeth she teleported away and stood in front of the pillar "I agree, I will do whatever it takes to keep balance, but never side with you again." she told hoping for him to leave.

He scowled at her "you chose this, wielder."

She panted heavily as she turned to look at the pillar hopelessness in her eyes "why protect something that's already dieing?"

______________

The trollhunters got out of the gyre in the middle of the woods where the bridge stood "oh dear, we are officially fugitives from trollmarket."

Kanjigar told him as they were in a hurry "forgey, what they think we must concentrate on what we do, we have all that we need"

Claire picked up a book ad scoffed "and then some"

Toby was sick of the ride "okay, how does this crazy crime spree help us save Jimbo, exactly?"

"The key is the troll, the key to the hunter.." Marc muttered "wait you're gonna use Aaarrrgghh to open the bridge!" he shouted joyously, Grabbing his phone he said "I'm gonna call lizzie!"

Kanjigar was quick to dismiss the idea "no, the chaoswielder is not needed for this mission"

They all gasped "but she's the one who founded the pieces!" Claire shouted.

"If anyone wants to save Jim more, it's her," Toby said.

He shook his head "the wielder has her own responsibilities to tend to, she has fulfilled her part in saving the trollhunter, now it's time to fulfil yours"

They were unsure of the idea but nodded, Marc worriedly cancelled his call, hoping that this mission wouldn't be too dangerous if she were to be on her own.

_____________

Opening her front door she lazily walked back home "mom! Dad! I'm home!" she yelled tiredly, she was shocked to find the house this quiet "you guys aren't talking about something, oddly..." shrugging she went to the kitchen "might be asleep-" her eyes narrowed as she looked upstairs "something isn't right."

Going to their room she knocked on the door and she knew something wasn't right since her mother wasn't a heavy sleeper at all. Reaching for the doorknob she gasped as the door opened revealing her mother smiling at her "hey there sweetheart!"

"Um... hey mom?" she said unsure of what is going on.

"Is everything okay darling?" her voice was oddly sweeter than usual as she whispered.