CHAPTER 18

OPENING HER EYES SHE WINCED AT THE BRIGHT LIGHT THAT HIT THEM, sitting up she looked around the room still in a daze from a minor headache

OPENING HER EYES SHE WINCED AT THE BRIGHT LIGHT THAT HIT THEM, sitting up she looked around the room still in a daze from a minor headache. For some odd reason she felt this new energy coursing through her

Swinging her legs to the side she got up and saw  faint reflection of her in the window, a small scratch on her cheek bone and forehead. Sighing she got up and was about to leave the room before her parents came in.

"Oh my God you're okay!" Maya exclaimed pulling Elizabeth into a tight hug before pulling away "we thought the worse had happened" placing a hand on lizzie's cheek.

John was both furious and worried "do you have any idea how dangerous it was to be at the woods?! At Night of all times?!" He asked "what were you doing there anyway?"

She was lost for words but only remembered one thing from last night "i" She breathed out before continuing "I had a dream, that I, um"

He sighed before placing a hand on her shoulder "you can tell us, and we'll consider not extending your grounding time."

She chuckled but it slowly transformed into sobbing, her hands were clenched at her sides as her body began shaking. The two immediately pulled her into a group hug, John enveloping them all.

"What is it Elizabeth?"

She pulled away and tried to calm down "I had a dream I saw my mom."

The words shocked them both as they glanced towards eachother "what Happened liz?" John asked.

Her brows furrowed before she continued "it was when I was born, and as soon as it was over for her she just left a letter on the bed that said my name, and just...." Her voice cracked "left. "

"Oh sweetheart..." Maya pulled her back into a hug "you could have told us instead of going into the woods."

Pulling away Elizabeth smiled weakly before telling them both "I  didn't want to be a burden on my mom and dad"

They were in absolute shock at her words, and for a moment Elizabeth thought that she had crossed a line in saying that.

"Did she just?" John asked still in awe.

Maya chuckled "She did.."

John lunged at Elizabeth and lifted her up into a hug "Ha Ha! You said it! You just called me dad!"

She laughed lightly "Yeah I just did."

He placed her down and didn't know what to say "you know um, I have to go get some air" His eyes were tearing up "theirs just um alot of dust in here." He ran out of the room.