CHAPTER 3

ELIZABETH'S PARENTS WENT TO SCHOOL TO PICK HER UP, the school nurse deemed it nothing but low blood pressure or a mere fever

"Do you think she's gonna be okay?" Maya asked her husband who carried her up to her bed room.

He placed her on the bed and tucked her in his face falling as he saw hers contort in pain "it must just be homesickness right? I mean she has only been here for a month"

As a mother would she began to make assumptions about what happened to her at school "they did say she had a bad fall while in PE," She gasped loudly "what if she got a concussion"

He placed a hand on her shoulder reassuringly "she might have fell but it couldn't have been that high of a fall".

They were interrupted by the door bell and John had offered to go downstairs while she stayed with Liz. She sat closer near her daughters head to check her fever but was shocked to find her burning up.

"John, I think we should take her to a doctor!"

Chuckling came from behind her and she quickly turned around "Guess It's good that I'm here huh?" A woman who seemed to be a doctor said.

"And who are you may I ask?"

The woman reached her hand out "my name is Barbara lake. My son told me about your daughter and asked if I could check up on her. Is that okay?"

Maya looked back at Elizabeth and nodded her head while gently holding onto her cold hand. Barbra did her observations while asking them questions.

"So has she been acting herself lately the past few days? Any mood swings?"

The two parents looked at each other before trying to answer "well um.."

"Has this been happening times before like a few months ago or just recently?"

"Well the thing is-"

Barbra seemed too focused to realise that they weren't answering "does she have any medical issues from a few years ago? Does she have allergies?"

"Um.. Dr Lake? We would answer your questions but we don't know much about her" John answered catching the attention of the doctor who raised her brow to that sentence.

Maya quickly jumped in "Shes our foster child she has only been here for a month, and she isn't all that... talkative"

"Oh!" Barbra seemed shocked and embarrassed for not letting then speak. She stood up and assured the two "if that's the case then it might just be homesickness but if not then I believe you might need to take your dau- her to a hospital"

They both nodded their heads and all left the room after Maya kissed Elizabeth's head and left the room.

"Thank you Dr Lake" John said thankfully as he opened the front door for her.