CHAPTER 39

THE DAY BEGAN SURPRISINGLY NORMAL AS THEY LOOKED AT ALL THE TEACHERS THAT WALKED PAST, Elizabeth had a bottle of water with her at all times since the taste of dead troll still remained

THE DAY BEGAN SURPRISINGLY NORMAL AS THEY LOOKED AT ALL THE TEACHERS THAT WALKED PAST, Elizabeth had a bottle of water with her at all times since the taste of dead troll still remained. After yesterday school continued as it would normally.

"Looks like everything back to normal." Toby said tiredly.

Marc wanted him "don't jinx us."

Toby shook his head before asking "speaking of totally normal things, what's going on with Gunmars trollpocalypse?"

Jim told him as he packed his bag "blinky says we can't throw a wrench in his plan until we know what it is."

Elizabeth huffed "the longer we wait, the closer he is to actually finishing his plan" she explained hugging her books close "it's a smart plan, yes, but it's risky."

He assured her "aaarrrgghh thinks he's close to uncovering something, we won't be waiting long."

Marc was completely out of it since he was too bored to even throw in a joke, but his face lit up as he saw Claire walk towards them "Claire you're back!" he exclaimed before pulling her into a hug "how are ya feeling?"

She smiled weakly "I'm fine." she paused before sighing "we gotta talk." they all listened to her as she spoke "did you remember how someone stole the election signs protecting the warehouse?" she asked before continuing nervously "I think i know who took them."

"The night the Gumm-Gumms attacked?" jim asked but before the conversation could go any further they were interrupted by a joyous Darci.

"Claire you're back!" she exclaimed but backed away from giving her a hug "you're not sick anymore, right?" she asked.

Claire rolled her eyes "nope!"

"Awesome!" she said before pulling her into a hug "that was one killer cold!" pulling away she said "we gotta celebrate now that you're back!"

Toby was excited "are you thinking what I'm thinking?" he asked before they simultaneously said "triple date!"

Marc quirked his eyebrow "aren't those usually in doubles, not triples?" he asked before agreeing "if you're up for it?" he asked Claire.

She chuckled "yeah, it'll be good to get out, what about you guys?"

Jim leaned against the lockers "I mean our schedules aren't that full." he said.

She nodded her head "I don't see why not, a breath of fresh air would be good."

Darci waved goodbye "see you guys tonight!"

Jim and Liz walked away "a night without the fear of death on our minds would be wonderful" she said sarcastically.

He chuckled and wrapped his arm around her "don't jinx us."

_____________

Jim, Marc, and Toby were in PE as they stretched.

Jim was calm about this "I think it's a good idea guys, it'll be nice to have a night free of imminent danger."