CHAPTER 16

ELIZABETH HAD NEVER BEEN QUIETER, avoiding all interactions or being quiet as a whole

ELIZABETH HAD NEVER BEEN QUIETER, avoiding all interactions or being quiet as a whole. Marc had grown worried but was glad that she would talk to him atleast.

Jim had never felt more guilty then he was now, his stupidity and stubbornness caused her to lose all chances in doing what she was destined to do in the beginning.

Heal what has been broken.

But he took that away from her because of his stupid crush that was meant for him to tell her how much he cared for her and loved her but instead it ended in her losing her trust in him and getting critically injured, with the chances of her losing her life.

They were sat in history class barely listening to stricklers lesson "did he die from the deafening silence of a classroom? " He asked earning laughter from the class, except for the three who knew what he really was.

"Look at that, he's got the whole class eating out of his hand!" Jim said angry at the fact that the changeling was close to his mother.

"His creepy troll hand!" Toby said before typing on his phone again.

Elizabeth paid no attention on the two and instead paid attention to her hand that showed no sign of healing and only got worse the corruption was like a virus slowly spreading inside of her.

Jim noticed this and leaned towards her "how are you feeling, does your hand hurt?" He asked, she pulled her sleeve down to her palm and nodded before looking away.

The bell rang and strickler took the chance to talk to the trollhunter and "young atlas, if I could have a brief word with you before you leave?" He glanced towards the other two at his side "alone please."

Toby told something to jim and Elizabeth waited for him. Claire looked at both jim and Elizabeth as she grew suspicious ever since she read that letter, he had told her about everything.

Her friend nudged her "looks like someone has eyes for jim-"

"Not really, he seems like more of a friend than whatever you're talking about." She paused and looked back at the two "remember that letter I was telling you about?"

"The one where those two were fighting inner monsters?" She asked "you don't think they're crazy do you?"

"I don't know but I'm gonna find out." She said determined to know more about what the two were hiding.

__________________

The three were in the locker rooms as they were discussing stickler.

"He's coming over for dinner!?" Toby yelled out in shock. Little did they know Claire was trying to keep incognito and listen in into what they were saying, Elizabeth was too focused on fighting back the corruption to sense her presence.

"I thought it was a bad idea at first but think about it, guys. This could work in our favour" he tried convincing toby .

"Totally, but how?" Toby asked while struggling to put his shoe on.