CHAPTER 2

I WAS COLD, IT FELT LIKE THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS FROZE IMMEDIATELY, I was walking through a windy storm hoping to find a quick way out but

I WAS COLD, IT FELT LIKE THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS FROZE IMMEDIATELY, I was walking through a windy storm hoping to find a quick way out but.. there was nothing.

Just an endless path of wind and snow. My hands were wrapped around my body in hopes of gaining some sort of warmth. As I walked there were these bone chilling echoes, cries for help.

I followed them shielding my eyes as snow flakes stung them, as I did I saw a figure. Wiping away the built up frost I got a better look at it, it did not look human it's proportions were that of a humans but facial features were that of something different.

It's face seemed to have had fear and terror immortalised, as I got closer i could here it's voice screaming at me causing me to fall back crawling away from it.

"LEAVE! IT IS NOT SAFE HERE!" as it did I heard the snow behind me crunch, turning around I froze I fear as I saw a thing the size of an ogre make its way towards me "GO NOW!"

I ran, I heard the sound of shattering and could not bare to look back. As I kept running I could feel all feeling disappear from my hands looking down at them I saw them begin to freeze.

I couldn't believe it, I was in such shock that I could not move. Millions of thoughts went through my mind i thought I was dieing, or I was gonna be stuck here for the rest of my life.

As I heard it making its way towards me I kept running but I stopped when my legs began to freeze in place as well. The thing laughed at me as I struggled to move.

"The weakling is now facing the same fate as all the others" I looked behind me in fear as it slowly began to stalk towards me.

"You are to weak to be wielding such a mantle as this, in the end corruption will always prevail..." What mantle?

I felt tears falling down my face as I froze "do not worry fleshling one day you will understand.." I felt it's hand on my back as I lost all sense of my body, I was numb.

"One day..." and with one single push the last thing I saw was the snowy ground.

_____________

I woke up with a jolt and looked around my room. I got up inspecting every moving limb in my body.

After I did, I fell to my knees and sobbed quietly in fear. How could a figment of imagination feel so real? I felt the same cold feeling some deep with in me like a shard was still left behind.