CHAPTER 49

JIM WAS STILL LOST FOR WORDS AS TO HOW HE SHOULD FEEL ABOUT BEING A TROLL, he returned home, hoping to have a normal evening with his mom by preparing dinner

JIM WAS STILL LOST FOR WORDS AS TO HOW HE SHOULD FEEL ABOUT BEING A TROLL, he returned home, hoping to have a normal evening with his mom by preparing dinner. He kept wondering what would happen when Liz came back, what would she think of this new form of his.

Looking at his hand he grew nervous, he pushed that thought to the back of his mind when he heard his mother come home, he said to her "oh hey Mom, I hope you brought your appetite!"

Barbra sighed in relief but still remained worried "Jim?" she told Strickler "okay, Walt, I found him. Just please tell the others." she said to Jim as he began pulling out plates "you know, we have been looking all over for you"

He apologised "oh, sorry. Lost track of time." he placed the plates down and said "I thought I'd come home and make us a nice dinner"

"Dinner can wait" she said before sitting down, wanting to talk to her son "okay? You can't run off like that, you had us all worried sick." Jim tried to act as if nothing was going on.

"Can it wait? I'm starving." he said before digging in, he gagged slightly and chuckled "just needs more salt." he grew nervous.

Barbra was confused "it's delicious honey. There's nothing wrong with it."

As he kept eating, his stomach wouldn't accept the food, he stopped and asked her "you wanted to talk?"

"Yeah well, you've been through a lot, more than any one kid should have to go through" she said as she thought of everything "and, you're my kid."

He quickly hid the fork that he was eating "I seem to have dropped my fork I'll go get another" he said walking into the kitchen, not wanting to leap again.

She continued talking "Walter said it was confusing to be human and troll.. But he still has the ability to choose one or the other, and I'm just worried about how you're adjusting." she admitted realising the increasing weight on her sons shoulders. Jim got distracted by the smell of utensils in the kitchen, he accidentally caused a rattle worrying Barbra "Honey, is everything okay in there?"

His voice was muffled "i'm totally fine!"

She gasped when she came in "Jim! Are you eating the blender?"

Gulping he admitted "uh... not all of it" he threw it to the side and growled "I just wanted a normal dinner!"

She tried to comfort him "Jim..."

He pushed her away and rushed out of the kitchen "Mom, please! I need some time to think."

Walking into his room, and slamming the door shut. He was saddened at the fact he couldn't get one normal moment with his mother anymore. Looking at his reflection he sighed, and began trying to take his armour off, he was confused when it refused to come off and grew infuriated, beginning to try and pry it off of himself.

The anger got to him when it didn't come off and he roared, throwing everything off of his table, crashing around in his room, wanting to take off the amulet, the one thing he believed can return him to normality for a moment. He shouted "No! No!" falling to the ground he panted, he knew there was no getting out of this one either.