CHAPTER 48

"BY THE POWER OF MERLIN, CHAOS IS MINE TO WIELD

"BY THE POWER OF MERLIN, CHAOS IS MINE TO WIELD.."

She mumbled as they walked through the woods, it felt as though her memories were slipping past her fingers and all she could do was repeat them verbally. She's been walking for what almost felt like days her newfound ally, Wayde was less interested in continuing this journey. She staggered behind him and asked "could we, y'know, take a break?"

She shook her head "we need to find this plant, NOW!" she urged as she began pushing him ahead.

He sighed and leaped so he was now in front of her "ye seem pretty desperate to find it, why?" he asked curiously.

Her eyes widened slightly "to get back to my family." she lied but it was still the truth. Walking past him, he groaned, Looking back at him she said "I didn't ask you to tag along!"

"You didn't say no to it either" he said wittily "and besides, We don't have to walk any further, we're here" he announced as he walked towards one of the tree trunks. Carefully cutting off one of the flowers, he wondered to himself "someone must really want to forget something" he asked her "and what's yer name lassie, you've been terribly quiet."

She was hesitant, but gave him a fake name "Maya" she said going by her mother's name.

"Well, maya, here's the mayana flower, as promised" he handed it to her and tutted pulling it back slightly "however, I believe seeing that this was a three day journey, that you owe me something in return." he said smugly.

Her eyes twitched and she asked "what could I possibly give you"

"I know the voice, I know the name, what about the face?" he wondered as he tried to pull her cloak down.

She grabbed his arm and threw him down chuckling "nice try, but not happening" she said before telling him sternly "you have no idea why I need this, the fate of everything is at stake!"

He laughed loudly "you sound like a chaoswielder" his words shocked her but she kept herself silent "those traitors, claiming they are bearers of hope and that there was more to this, Ha! Look where this has got us" he pointed around him "this is all that's left, risen from the ashes." he wiped away his tears of laughter and realised how confused she was "darn you really must be new to this world, how old even are you?"

She hesitantly answered "um, 16?"

His eyes widened "I would've thought you were a century old" he said "has no one told you anything?"

Shaking her head she answered "I know close to nothing about this place."

He thought for a moment and said "how about I give you a history lesson? On the way back to Zariya"

Sighing she joked "can me paying attention to what I give you in return?"

He chuckled before saying "oh, no, no, you still owe me" he handed her the plant "but until I do, keep this."