CHAPTER 37

THE TROLLHUNTERS AND WIELDER ALL SAT IN HEARTSTONE,  the remains of their old friend scattered on the table

THE TROLLHUNTERS AND WIELDER ALL SAT IN HEARTSTONE, the remains of their old friend scattered on the table.

They mourned the death of two friends on this day. Elizabeth was lost for words as to what to feel, her own mind was confused at this point.

"First jim, now this?" He said sorrowfully.

Blinky was heartbroken "why did you leave us?" He asked "it was not your time." The gleam of a stone caught his eye "you crafty old goat!" He rushed to a pile of trinkets confusing the others.

"What is it?" Claire asked.

He placed the stone upon a tool "he was holding an anamnesis stone."

The entire room glowed as they saw a replay of the events that had ensued, and as if Elizabeth could not feel more hate it only got worse when they found out that usurna was a traitor.

They all watched in horror as they saw him die "you used your last moments to warn us." Blinky said sadly.

As the vision vanished, Jim appeared out of nowhere "She took control of trollmarket." He said defeatedly.

"Master jim?"

At this point they were beyond shocked and Marc asked Blinky "was Jim holding one by any chance?"

Toby walked around Jim as he couldn't believe his eyes "Queen Usurna said I'm responsible."

He poked his friend and gasped in joy "jimbo, you're alive! You're not a ghost!"

"We saw you fall to your doom?" Blinky asked unsure.

Elizabeth hugged him tightly "liz..."

She wiped away her tears "you kept your promise" She said jokingly.

He tucked a hair behind her ear "of course I did and I always will"

Claire was confused "how did you survive the deep? "

He told firmly as he walked towards the table "because I'm not a troll." He mourned the death of Vendel as he clenched his hands "no, no... I'm sorry." He said as he cried "this is my fault."

Blinky came to assure him "no, master jim. Vendel believed in you, he knew you'd return to make things right."

Aaarrrgghh was angry as his eyes turned black "Usurna, liar, traitor!" He roared slamming his fists "crush queen now!"

His friend warned him "we can't crush her now, she's too heavily protected."

Jim placed his hand Aaarrrgghhs shoulder "Blinks right, there are too many of them."

Claire asked them all "if she's working for Gunmar, what's to stop him from taking trollmarket?"

"That's not if he's on his way here right now..." Marc answered her, as his hands began to flare "I say we finish this now."