CHAPTER 47

HER EYES FLUTTERED OPEN AS SHE LAID DOWN ON THE MOSSY GROUND, she gasped and sat up as she saw the towering trees above her

HER EYES FLUTTERED OPEN AS SHE LAID DOWN ON THE MOSSY GROUND, she gasped and sat up as she saw the towering trees above her. Holding onto her side she groaned as she stood up, this place was like the one that Merlin had showed her.

Panting she leaned against a tree and looked up "quite the fall." she mumbled. The sound of loud creaking alarmed her, she quickly hid in between the large roots of the tree and carefully peered out. Her eyes widened as she saw giant tree-like beings moving slowly across the forest "woah.." she said in wonder, coming out of her hiding spot she realised how they didn't even see her "this place is amazing"she said in disbelief.

Knowing she shouldn't stay there any longer, leaving her hiding spot she passed through the magical areas of the forest. Gemstones illuminating the forest, indigenous plant forms, creatures of all shapes and sizes made her stop and look at them in awe. As she saw a glow emit from the end of the forest she passed through the vines.

After what felt like hours of walking she finally found something other than tall trees, Her jaw fell open as she saw tall stone pillars covered with houses, stairs and bridges connecting them all. The place was almost like that of a dream, a pirates utopia with fantasy all over it. The place was dark yet welcoming.

Before she could leave the forest she knew she was walking on unknown grounds, Looking around her she gasped in horror, skeletal figures covered in cloth were sitting against the trees. She cringed lightly and said as she pulled the cloak off of them "sorry guys, got an errand to finish" she jumped away when the skeletal figure fell down and she wrapped herself in the cloak, making sure to cover her head as well "okay, spirit of darkness, here I come."

Walking through the village, the creatures there were almost more intimidating than trolls, they acted brutish, some were elegant in form, others were outright scary. She held her hood close as she saw a mural, her amulet was drawn onto it, but they all seemed to hate it more than like it.

As she passed by a group she saw them throw rocks or write on it. To her luck their language was not foreign to her "when do you think whoever cowardly holds that mantle will come again?" one asked, his voice a hiss.

The other one's voice was deeper "soon, I feel it."

She froze and slowly backed away from them "once they do, you know what to do, imagine what anyone would give to have them alive!" one roared before cackling.

She began moving quickly and thought to herself 'I'm glad you took the amulet old man.'

Elizabeth knew being in a crowded place was risky so she needed to find the spirit of darkness quick. Looking up at the houses, she saw a store with the sign 'spirit reader, huh, maybe you'd be useful.'

Walking in she saw the place reminded her of the tavern from trollmarket but instead of glug it was some orange sludge. As she moved through it she saw what she believed was a female. Her eyes were hooded over, revealing her sharp teeth, her body was slender and her hair was rugged and dark "well hello there, little one..." her voice hissed.