CHAPTER 38

AFTER LOSING THEIR OLD HIDEOUT BECAUSE OF DRAALS AMBUSH, they had no choice other than to let the trolls hide independently but that didn't mean that the protectors didn't need to keep watch on them

The trollhunters spread out in Arcadia covering as much ground as possible accounting for each troll. Claire was sick so Marc did most of the chasing around while she had the job of marking each present troll they found , she sniffled as she marked the board "thats all of the ones on our list, how do you think the others are going?"

He was busy trying to push a troll into a hiding spot as he grunted "we are spread out pretty thin." he told as he finally managed to push the troll in "I think our odds are good so far."

She was worried "not for long, my mom is strengthening security, how will we be able to keep them safe now?" she asked as she grabbed onto her staff tightly.

He placed his hands on her shoulders "we'll find a way, we always have" he assured "and besides Gunmar still hasn't shown any signs that he's planning any sort of attack he's just sending in his goons"

"What if that's a part of his attack?" she asked "he's already planning to bring the eternal night"

He crossed his arms as he looked down at her "isn't that a matter of chaos?" he asked her reminding her that they had a chaoswielder on their side, he pulled her into his side as they walked out of the alley way "with Lizzie still having her powers she'll stop him, and with us and our abilities, Gunmar won't stand a chance"

She rolled her eyes "and what would me creating portals do?"

He thought for a moment then gave her his answer "you could rip them in half by portal cutting off their limbs?" he suggested calmly.

Claire chuckled and pushed him away "keep it a little PG fire-fists"

He was acting offended "what? It's a good suggestion!" She chuckled but started coughing, he rushed to her side and patted her back "I think you might need to hang back."

She cleared her throat and told him "I'm fine, it's just a fever!" before sneezing.

"I know that you are more than capable of handling yourself but we can't risk you fighting while sick" he told her as he hoped to get through to her "and besides you've already done so much, you're stealing the spotlight claire-bear" he said jokingly as he held her close.

_________________

After the eventful night of trying to save Toby from the cops and finding glug. Elizabeth, Claire, Darci, and Mary were in Claires garage. Elizabeth sat down as she heard the girls play, Claire knew how much she wasn't a fan of knowing other people and rock music, but pulled her along anyway.

"We wanna be mean!" they shouted as they played their instruments.

Elizabeth took the chance to see if she could meditate with all this noise happening in the background, frowning with every sound that came to her ears.