CHAPTER 56

AS THE LIGHT DISPERSED IT REVEALED THE CHAOSWIELDER, purple energy dancing all around her but not under her control. Looking around her she saw them all begin to attack her, carrying jim in her arm she summoned her sword and drove it into the ground sending a pulse sending them away.

The energy that ensued set the trollhunters free of the spirit's power, they looked in amazement as the light cleared from around her. Elizabeth went to wayde and calmly handed him Jim, looking back at the spirit of darkness she scowled before attacking her, she had no power to use against her but she was swift in her movements.

Vala was calm as she dodged the wielders hits, that rage was familiar to her. She had seen it before in herself, standing still she allowed the sword to come close to her neck. Stopping herself from going any further she merely glared at the spirit as she panted. Vala said to her "you killed the spirit of light, haven't you killed enough?"

Her eyes widened slightly and her glow dimmed. She failed to realise where she was and the creatures grabbed her forcing her to the ground in front of Vala.

Jim had regained his consciousness and pulled the arrow from his armour, to his luck the armour softened the hit but the impact was strong. He looked at Liz who struggled to get up as they pushed her further into the ground "get off of her!" he shouted as he ran towards them with his sword. Vala saw this and threatened him to stay back with a barrage of shards.

Elizabeth grunted as she tried to push herself up but the weight just kept getting heavier. Giving up she glared up at the spirit as she said "I never killed any spirit, I only sent them back" she uttered as she growled "the mistakes that were made, I'm trying to fix them- get off of me!"

Vala gave her an unimpressed look as she created a spike of darkness in her hands, the crowd cheered in joy and all the trollhunters could do was look on in horror "you can't do this!" Claire shouted.

"It wasn't her fault! You can blame her for the mistakes of others chaoswielders!" Jim yelled, catching the attention of the spirit "you do this, you'll be just as worse as they all were!"

She froze for a moment but yelled out before driving the dagger down, right by Elizabeths head. The shard shattered, shocking her, she couldn't believe she was still alive. Vala said to them all "get off of her."

"But-"

"I won't repeat myself" she warned, they got off of her. Elizabeth got up on her knee taking a breather, seeing her hand she refused the offer getting up on her own "very well, do you get the lesson?"

She gave her a look of disbelief "other than to watch my back-"

"You know exactly what I am talking about" she cut off firmly as she gave her a stern look "you know what the lesson was, you just don't want to admit it in front of them" she said pointing to the trollhunters behind her. Looking back at them she pursed her lips, Vala continued "I cannot help you rebuild your paths, but all I could do was make you face the fear blocking them.'' She lowered the spikes allowing theothers to pass through, Jim rushed to Elizabeth and held her face in his hands he smiled in relief leaning his head against hers. She held the hands on her cheeks closely thinking he might disappear at any moment.

Claire stepped forward and asked "but how is she gonna fight Dandril?"

"Without her powers she won't stand a chance!" Toby said "no offense shadow lady but I don't think this really helps anyone."

Stepping away from Jim she said to them all "Because Dandril was never my true mission, isn't he?"

She was relunctant to answer but nodded "your mission is to keep balance, he's just a factor stopping you from doing so." she explained before continuing "you never needed your power you only needed your energy."