CHAPTER 23

ELIZABETH DID HER BEST TO KEEP BOTH AN EYE ON JIM AND ON MARC, she was worried about angor rot coming for jim and of Dandril attacking Marc

It was already a new school day and she was freaking out, having not seen Marc for almost the entire day. She walked over to Jim's locker and asked "by any chance have you seen Marc? "

He shook his head "not really why?"

She grew anxious and clenched the strap of her bag "I haven't seen him all day! What if Dandril or angor rot got him!" She said thinking about the possibilities.

Jim grabbed her by the shoulders "liz chances are they don't know that he know yet." He said hoping to calm her down.

"Haha that's what they want you to think but I must. be. vigilant!" She stated her eyes wide as she seemed to have barely slept. Leaving jim she headed off to search for him in the places that he might be in.

Toby was sad as he placed his head against the lockers "well, I've asked every single girl."

"They all said no?" Jim asked in disbelief before glancing towards where Elizabeth walked off to.

"Of course not. I got a few 'as ifs' a couple of 'not in a million years' " he stated sadly but still remained enthusiastic "one actually gagged. I took that as a 'not interested' ".

Jim chuckled "you actually asked every girl in school?"

"Nope! Saved lizzie for you, buddy. I didn't wanna prom block you!" He assured but jim rolled his eyes.

Scoffing he said "Thanks."

Toby pulled him close "you haven't asked her yet have you?"

"I'm working up to it!"

"Oh, is that what they're calling 'wussing out'?" He teased.

Jim tried to explain his reasons "hey I'm just waiting for my moment!"

"Thats what they call wussing out these days, wussy! "

Out of nowhere Blinky joined them "He's correct master jim" They gasped and jumped back "I spent the afternoon in the school library  and you are apparently a popular topic of gossip."

Jim asked mildly angered "Blinky! ? What are you doing hanging out at our school!?"

"Well that's an interesting story."

Toby changed the subject "wait you said people are gossiping about jim?"

"I didn't hear much but the words 'wussing' and 'out' were frequently invoked"

"Why were you in the library of our school? "

"I exhausted all the libraries resources, pertaining to the mysterious mark angor rot painted on your forehead."He reminded pointing to Jim's face "then a thought occurred to me what about the library in arcadia oaks high?"