CHAPTER 57 PART II

AS SHE RAN THROUGH THE STREETS SHE TRIED TO CATCH AS MANY SPIRITS AS POSSIBLE, as she fought with one of the greater and grander spirits she began to struggle as her amulet glowed brighter. Pushing against the spirit back with her sword, she growled and moved from under him grazing him with her sword.

Looking back she panted as she saw the spirit begin to glow brightly. The spirit heaved in before he breathed out letting out a wave of energy knocking her away. Skidding back she looked at the spirit in disbelief "what the" looking down at her sword she noticed as its light trailed up back into her amulet. The stone continued glowing brightly, as it began pulsing and ticking. Grunting she readied her sword once more and roared as she charged at the spirit.

Marcus and Claire had each other's backs as they defended the school, he blew fire towards the gumm-gumms and sent the spirits back through the portals. He panted as he landed back down "how do you think Jim and Liz are doing?" he said blasting one of the gumm-gumms.

She stood behind him and said "we need to get them more time" she created a portal knocking them away, turning around her eyes widened as she looked past him "we've got company." she said, clenching her staff.

As he turned around he felt something inside him tick as he saw his father, he allowed himself to burst into flames "I take my dad, you take the tall guy"

Spinning her staff she smirked as she looked at Valoor "gladly"

Marc flew towards his father and blasted him with a barrage of flames, he glared at him with a look of hate. His eyes red as they began to tear up "you control me, and have the audacity to show your face here?!" he yelled.

Richard didn't fight back only dodged "I know the hate you have towards me my son-"

"I'M NOT YOUR SON!" he shouted as his voice grew sore, he roared as he flew towards him and pinned him against the brick wall. He glared into his eyes as he readied a ball of fire in his fist, he searched for some sort of genuine hope for his father, and merely saw a glimmer. He groaned as he let go of his father and held his head in his hands.

Claire used her staff to push Valoor back, he chuckled lightly "so you're the mistress of shadows."

Kicking him away she said "glad to see that the word spread." she created a portal and jumped through it, jumping out of it beside him hitting him every time she got out.

He groaned in infuriation rubbing his jaw "stop this insolence!" he yelled.

She appeared behind him and blasted him with her staff yelling "that's for possessing my friend, skull-face!"

He growled and stood up "you have no idea who you are messing with, Child!" he said his voice distorted as he slowly shifted into a wolf.

She froze in horror and backed away, shaking the fear off she created a big enough portal for him to pass through as he charged towards her. As he came out of a different portal she mumbled "Liz where are you?"

Richard try to reach for his son but Marcus moved away "right now is not the time, for reconciliation" he said, glaring at him he continued "we'll talk about this later" he ran to Claire and blasted Valoor back "you seem to be handling him pretty well."

She said to him "we need Liz without her, we won't be able to send him into the chaos realm!"

Valoor growled and charged at them both, the two got ready as he got closer. Richard jumped in front of them, using his corruption to stop Valoor in his place, making him shift back into a human, valoor groaned out "You traitor!"

He scoffed "I know my path, now here's yours!" he flung him up into one of the portals in the chaos realm, turning to the other two he said to them "the two of you need to know something, and you must trust me."