CHAPTER 45

ELIZABETH WAS ASSIGNED TO REST AND GATHER WHAT ENERGY SHE HAD LEFT FROM LAST NIGHT, but she refused to just sit around all day. Even though that was all she could do, she was so tired yet she fought the urge to fall asleep.

Groaning, she tried to roll off her bed and said "I'm not sitting around!" Yelping she fell off of her bed and onto the ground face first "must get up...." she mumbled.

Jim walked through the door with a cup of tea in his hands "hey liz, I got some tea, mom said it should help-" he yelped when he saw her face first on the ground "what are you doing?"

She pushed herself up with her arms "Can't rest, need to train." She mumbled.

He chuckled and helpled her up back into the bed "and you will, you just need to save up your energy" he placed the cup on her bedside table "now go to sleep"

Huffing she sat up and asked "at least tell me what you guys are gonna do"

He smiled lightly "don't worry, it's just a scavenge hunt." He kissed her forehead "just get some sleep, we'll be back before you know it!" He said happily.

She groaned as she felt her tiredness only grow, Claire and Marc came out of a portal they created to her room, Marc gasped "why does she look so dead inside?"

Jim frowned because he knew she needed some rest "all she needs is some rest and she'll be good as new." He said, trying to empty the room.

Claire wondered "how are you feeling?"

Sitting up she called for her amulet and mumbled "peachy."

Jim stopped the amulet "liz no. You need some time to rest."

Elizabeth frowned "I'm fine, 100 percent. Just pea.." Before she could finish her sentence she fell back onto her pillow and began sleeping soundly.

He quickly pushed himself and the others out of the room. Leaving her to take her time and rest. But no matter how hard she tried, she only opened her eyes and paced around the room "don't sleep, get training."

Tiredly walking down the stairs, she saw her parents talking with Merlin and Draya. She held onto the railing as she felt her legs grow wobbly and her father quickly rushed to her side "hey, hey kiddo, you should be in bed!" he said as he grew worried for her.

"It seems to be that the after effects of the poison are coming on" Merlin explained as he looked at the weakened girl "Dandril does seem to have planned this wisely."

Her father set her down on the bed and her mother brushed the hair out of her face "you're burning up" she said worriedly.

She dismissed that thought "I have a very warm room" she said chuckling, wincing slightly from the light in her eyes.

Draya went to her and said "may I?" she asked the parents, they didn't want to leave her side but trusted the woman. Closing her eyes she used her powers to sense if there was anything wrong with Elizabeths energy "her energy pathways, they're blocked." she explained, hovering her hand over Elizabeths mind she gasped "her spirit, somethings wron with it"

"What's wrong with her spirit?" Maya asked worriedly.

Draya glanced at Merlin and he nodded "her spirit, it's been scarred, a scarred spirit means..." she knew that the wielder was listening and said hesitantly "she won't be able to use her powers, without harming herself in return."

Sitting up she asked "but the poison is out of my system." she didn't want to believe what she was hearing "and why would I stop myself?"

Sighing she kneeled infront of her and said "it is not you, it's your fear, it is blocking your energy pathways, whenever you use your power"