CHAPTER 29

CLAIRE HAD REALISED THE GRAVE MISTAKE SHE HAD COMMITTED, recalling why Angor had taken her purse

CLAIRE HAD REALISED THE GRAVE MISTAKE SHE HAD COMMITTED, recalling why Angor had taken her purse. She now had to face the consequences which would come when telling vendel.

"She allowed Angor Rot to obtain the Horngazel?" Vendel asked calmly but he was visibly furious "the very key past trollmarkets defences?"

Marc stood forward "we're all to blame, we didn't stand a chance against him." he said standing by her side "and besides isn't there a way to deactivate it?"

"This isn't like a subscription, it doesn't just expire Marc." Toby told.

The trollhunter came to their defence "it's not their fault, it's mine. I should've gone to the school to get the incantation, I should've faced Angor Rot. Not them."

Claire admitted "It was in my purse. We were dangling off the roof, he cut it off and left."

Toby comforted her "it was a great every day purse, it went with everything"

Elizabeth stood up "there's still time before sundown"

"Angor Rot rarely attacks during the day..." Jim told hoping to convince Vendel but he was cut off instead.

"He is unpredictable at best! And if there isn't anything to stop him from creating havoc in trollmarket... then you have just put more than yourselves at risk." he told.

Before this argument could continue the sound of strickler calling out echoed "that sounds bad.." she muttered before they ran to the commotion.

Aaarrrgghh and blinky stood their ground "lets discuss this matter like reasonable trolls!-" a rock was thrown at his face "ruffians! Who threw that"

Stricklers whined "Where's Jim? He gave me his word!"

The sound of sparks alerted them all and silenced them, the chaoswielder stopped and nodded to jim "put him down! He helped save my mother, he's with me."

A troll was outraged "he tried to release gunmar!"

"Get him out of here!"

"Changelings aren't right in trollmarket!"

"Get rid of him!"

Jim tried to convince them "its not going to make a difference. Angor Rot wants me too, and the protective barrier won't stop him!"

They were confused, Blinky stood forward and asked "what do you mean?"

He scratched the back of his head "he has a horngazel." They began shouting and throwing anything they could at them "look, you have a right to know!"

"The chaoswielder is here! What use is she to us, if she can't protect us!?"

She frowned "I know you're afraid but rioting and doing this won't help with any of this!" she shouted trying to talk some sense into them.