CHAPTER 58

THE GUARDIANS WALKED THROUGH THE TUNNELS, grief stricken by the loss of their friend. Toby glanced behind him and saw Jim looking down at the broken amulet in his hands. Toby glanced back at Marc and Claire who nodded to him.

Toby walked to Jim and placed a hand on his shoulder "we're so sorry, Jimbo" he said "if only we had gotten here sooner-"

He cut him off saying "no, it wasn't your fault." he said his voice weak "I could've stopped her, a knew something was up, and I didn't-" he sighed and clenched the amulet tighter, he still couldn't comprehend what had just happened. He closed his eyes and stood tall as he said "we need to make sure every things okay" he walked past them all "let's go"

They walked out of the tunnel and shielded their faces when they saw a bright light. A field, and at its centre the new pillar of light stood tall, the spirits floated around it calmly, as they finally felt at peace. Claire covered her mouth in amazement "it's the pillar of light..."

His eyes softened as he saw it "she did it" he looked down at his fist, he began to shiver as his eyes began to water as he sobbed.. He fell to his knees and sobbed shakily holding the remains of the amulet in his hands. They gathered around him and comforted their grieving friend, even though they themselves were suffering their loss.

Toby hugged his friend as he sat down next to him, Claire sobbing softly as she held onto both Marc and Jim. Marc was at a loss, his long lasting friendship, gone. He clenched his teeth as he held back the urge to cry out.

As a portal opened in came Blinky, Aaarrrgghh, Agnar, Merlin and Richard. Agnars eyes softened in remorse as he saw the torn down Jim, Blinky placed a hand on Jim's shoulder, jim looked up and quickly lunged at Blinky pulling him into a hug "there, there" he rubbed his back comfortingly, tears slipped down his own cheeks as he mourned "I know master Jim, I know"

They all stood in silence as they mourned the loss of Elizabeth Wallis, the last ray of light, and the last chaoswielder.

__________________

In the middle of a field of indigo flowers, the sky deep dark blue, and lights dancing in the sky. Gasping awake she quickly sat up and coughed as she was confused about where she was. She was no longer in her armour, but her sleeves were burnt away. But she didn't feel any pain, it was all gone.

Falling back to the ground she looked back up at the sky "so this is what its like to be dead, huh?" she frowned "it doesn't feel right..."

An angelic voice echoed as it spoke "for you it doesn't"

Elizabeth gasped and quickly sat up ready to fight, her eyes widened as she saw who it was "Alina..." she whispered.

She chuckled lightly and said "i see you've spoken about me"

"Indeed I have."

The voice was familiar to her and she turned around smiling relief, she ran to Vala wrapping her arms around her "I'm so sorry"

Vala chuckled and stroked her hair "you have nothing to apologise for" she held her chin in her hand "i told you, I made my choice and now you make yours"

Her shoulders fell and she said "but I lost my light."

Alina chuckled and stood by Valas side, she said to her wisely "often light is not always the answer." she placed her hands on her shoulders and said "I created the amulet to help me keep balance by using light, but you've brought that back balance in a way I never could" she said happily.

Vala told her "darkness and corruption, as bad as they sound, are not defined to be evil" she placed a hand on her shoulder "it is defined by whichever way you use it." she spoke to her firmly "when the light is gone, look for it in the darkness." she placed her hand on her forehead and allowed a piece of her energy to move through her.