CHAPTER 30

THEY WAITED OUTSIDE OF JIMS HOME, the remaining crew waited

THEY WAITED OUTSIDE OF JIMS HOME, the remaining crew waited. Marc was having issues taking his hand off of his bike as it seems his hand might have overheated.

"If i keep doing this i might sink to the core of the earth." he exclaimed trying to pry his hand off.

Claire chuckled and helped him pry it off "you really need to get some management of your emotions, babe." she said.

He groaned "I was just ranting!"

"Then you started freaking out!" she reminded.

Elizabeth placed her hands on her cheeks "aw... you to look like a married couple" she said teasingly. After weeks about them teasing her about her and jims relationship it was her turn to tease there's. The garage door opened revealing Jim struggling to get on his bike "we are late jimbo!" she said sweetly.

Sighing, he told them "keeping up appearances is hard!" he followed them as they pedalled down the street "she was so close to finding out!" he glared at Marc "next time, it's your turn to wear the mask!"

"Hey, i just don't wanna accidentally burn their house down dude!" he answered, smirking "and besides we made a deal!"

Claire turned to him "you cover for him in Arcadia, we handle all his duties in trollmarket."

Toby took off the mask and returned to his normal self "fine. Speaking of which, have you found him yet, liz?"

"come on guys!" she sped up as she flew up a hill "its been two weeks, the amulet hasn't called for anyone else, and..." she groaned "i still haven't found him"

Claire assured her by telling her "he'll be back and with my little brother."

Toby struggled behind "I hope so, I don't know how much longer I can deal with this stank, where are you jim?!"

_______________

In the darklands the trollhunter was now aware of how to survive in the lands. He created a makeshift home inside a cave that was safe enough for him to reside in, after a well earned hunt he returned back to it.

"Alright papas bringing home the bacon." he told himself, boiling the egg he had found. After doing so he picked it up gently and began cooling it down. Cracking it open he drank it but gagged at the taste "still beats chicken surprise..." he looked at the drawing he drew of his friends "hey robes, you wanna bite, liz? No?" he asked "how about you blink? Gotta get it while it lasts." he began realsing how bad this was getting "says the guy who's getting far too comfortable talking to himself." he looked back at the drawing and reminisced the times of him being with his team "man i miss you guys"

He sighed and said "anyway, your loss. More for me. Mm.."

"Jim?!" a voice echoed. He gasped and turned around.

"Liz?" he quickly got up and went outside.

"Jim where are you?" she called out flying through the darklands but she knew she couldn't stay for long. Her hands began to flicker and she sighed "until next time i guess."