CHAPTER 53

LEADING THE WAY SHE KEPT LOOKING BEHIND HER AS THE HUMANS WERE SLOWLY BEGINNING TO GROW TIRED, looking at Jim she chuckled along with him since they were in the lead

LEADING THE WAY SHE KEPT LOOKING BEHIND HER AS THE HUMANS WERE SLOWLY BEGINNING TO GROW TIRED, looking at Jim she chuckled along with him since they were in the lead. She called out to them all saying "come on, her darkness is on a very tight schedule!"

They groaned from how tired they were "can we like, y'know take a break?" Toby asked as he panted "I never agreed to a hike."

Shaking her head vigorously she said "no. we're near Zariya, and patrols happen every night." she urged them all "we have to keep moving unless you wsnt to be in that arena again?"

Marc groaned loudly "I'd rather stay away from that pit of death"

Claire saw something from the corner of her eyes, wanted signs covering the trees. She pulled one off and asked "who are, the rattlers?"

She froze in fear, and jumped down. She took the sign from her hands and crumpled the paper up as she saw the familiar green face she once called a friend "bad people, now let's keep moving!" This time she decided to walk on the ground instead of jump along the trees.

The others were concerned but followed, Jim was curious to learn more about these rattlers "who are the rattlers?" he said, trying to keep up with her pace.

Her eyes teared up slightly and her ears downturned as she grew afraid "they harm spirits, beings of chaos, and make that power their own by trapping it in a core" she continued "but it's far worse than you can ever imagine compared to Zariya." wrapping her arms around herself, she felt guilt eat her up, turning around she warned Claire and Marc "you two better stay behind me no matter what, they fight to take and then kill."

The two gulped in fear and Claire kept her staff close just in case anything were to go wrong. Toby said to her "could we at least sit down for brunch?"

She pursed her lips and said "fine, but no longer than a couple of minutes!" They sighed in relief and immediately fell down, rolling her eyes "time for whatever brunch is." she perched on a tree and watched as they all ate food that Claires father had prepared for them.

Jim and Liz didn't have the appetite for it, but luckily Elizabeth lived long enough as a troll to know what she can eat. Sniffing around she looked up and found the fruit, grinning as she leaped up and grabbed the fruit before heading back down "what's that?" Jim wondered as the smell was oddly good.

She grinned and used her knife to split it in half "this my friend, is one of the best fruits in these very forests" she explained happily before handing him a half "just so you don't starve along the way"

He smiled and took it out of her hand, he was hesitant at first but ate it and hummed in delight "this is great!"

She grinned widely and asked jokingly "what, you didn't trust me?" the two laughed together.

The others glanced at eachother knowingly as they grinned at the two. Marc started a fire by gathering up some wood, he asked her "so, what other things should we be worried about?"