CHAPTER 14

THE NEXT DAY CAME AND THE TWO ALMOST STAYED UP ALL NIGHT,  the two were sleeping next to the tree where they spent most of their time together

A knock came at their front door and maya went to answer "Hello how can I help you?"

The man smiled kindly "my name is Richard I'm looking for my son and he's been gone all night. Have you seen him?"

"Hey dad." A tired Marc said to the man at the door.

Elizabeth felt herself wake up at the word she didn't expect the two of them to already be on those terms, she hasn't called either maya or John by those terms yet, and she's known them for more than a month.

Richard saw Elizabeth and knew who she was immediately, "you must be Elizabeth right? Marc talks about you alot."

She smiled kindly and shook his hand "nice to meet you to Sir. "

"Please call me Richard. " he told her knowing that he didn't want formalities between him and his sons bestfriend. "I'll see you in the car Marc. Sorry if I bothered any of you."

Marc turned to liz with a goofy smile on his features "if I knew you would be this nice with my dad around, I would have told him to come with earlier!"

She chuckled and shoved him lightly "go! Chances are you are 100% grounded."

He smirked "if it means not seeing you I'm fine with it" he said jokingly before running off "see ya!"

Shaking her head at his childishness she mumbled "how am I?  The youngest?" Maya gave Elizabeth a knowing look "what?"

"Are you and Marc a thing?"

Elizabeth choked on her own spit at her words "what no! He's like a big brother!" She yelled flustered, the only relationship she held towards Marc was a familial relationship.

Before she could close the front door she heard toby and Jim shout out.

"Liz wait!"

Opening the door again she asked "what? What's wrong?"

"There's an emergency in..." Toby noticed that her mother was behind her and Elizabeth's hand motions.

Jim interjected "the place with the thing! Not even an emergency actually!"

Maya allowed for Elizabeth to go and they immediately rushed to troll market. Jim took the chance to ask her about last night "why didn't you respond? "

"What?" She asked genuinely confused as to what he meant.

"We called like a thousand times! You didn't respond at all!" Toby said slightly disappointed.

She didn't realise from how much time she spent with Marc that she forgot what they were doing "I think I had my phone on silent, sorry guys.." she apologised feeling bad for ditching them.