CHAPTER 57 PART I

SITTING ON HER ROOF TOP SHE SAT THERE TO THINK, looking down at her hands she kept thinking about that vision she was shown at that phrase 'never meant to be yours to keep'. She knew what she needed to do but it was so hard for her to accept it when thinking about the consequences of it, or if it even worked for that matter.

With her head in her hands she kept calculating all the outcomes but that only made her grow anxious as the day grew near "what are you thinking about?" She gasped when she heard the voice.

Smiling she said "hey Jim..."

He sat next to her and looked in front of them "how are you feeling?"

Her eyes softened and she curled up into a ball "terrified" she said simply "what if" she was hesitant to say this "what if we fail?"

Jim quickly held her close in his arms as he said "we won't, we've come this far we won't fail now" he tried to reassure her.

Her brows furrowed as she thought of the worst and hugged him tighter "what if I lose you?" she asked him quietly.

He scoffed and said to her reassuringly with her face in his hand "that won't happen" he said as he leaned his head against hers "and besides, we always find a way to save each other." he closed his eyes in content as they both enjoyed this sweet moment of peace.

As the two were sat next to each other, Elizabeth pulled away from him looking into his eyes, hers dilated. Their eyes fluttered closed as they shared a kiss under the night sky, to them it was like nothing had ever changed but they knew this couldn't last any longer. Pulling away their eyes opened and the two smiled softly at one another. Standing up she reached her hand down and asked "how about we have one last training session before the end of the world?"

He chuckled lightly looking back at the horizon "sun still isn't up, and I don't see why not" he placed his hand on hers and yelped when she put him on her back "I think I'm meant to be the carrier Liz" he said as he wrapped his arms around her neck.

She chuckled before leaping "not in our case handsome!" she jumped into the forest and when she landed, and placed him back on the ground saying smugly "show me what you got" summoning her sword.

He laughed lightly and summoned daylight "I'm pretty sure I'm better at sword fights beautiful." he clashed his sword against hers "don't wanna make it an unfair fight!"

She smirked and pushed his sword away "I couldn't agree more!" she shouted before swinging at him again. The two were aware of when to stop.

Jim hit her sword away and pushed her against the tree "I win." he stated simply.

Grinning she said to him "wouldn't be so sure." she summoned her sword to her other hand.

His eyes widened and he looked back up at her with a frown "that's my trick!"

She smiled and tapped at his shoulder "proof that I learned from the best." she admired before walking away "who knows you might have learned some of my-" she narrowed her eyes confused when her amulet glowed bright.

Jim was confused and asked her "is everything alright with the amulet?"

Frowning she said to him "I don't know"

He was worried, he knew she was hiding something but didn't wanna pry at it too much, but ever since his last encounter with Vala. he couldn't help but wonder, he tried to ease her from being so tense and picked her up "my turn!" he said before jumping again.

When they arrived she said to him "unlike you I can do it one leap" she had a teasing smile on her face.

He smiled warmly and said to her "I know you can." he placed a kiss on her forehead, shocking her.