injuries

"Welcome back to Oceania, it's been a while since you have visited us," Tonga laughed as he patted my head.

"Stop pestering him, Tonga, he was almost hit by a car," I heard Palau say from the corner of the room.

"Aw come on, he's fine," Tonga rolled his eyes.

"You save me?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah, I just said that," He smirked.

"Thanks," I said a little bit weakly. I was really tired.

"Is he awake yet?" I heard another familiar voice. I looked over at the door to see my little brother leaning against the doorway.

"Hey bro," I smiled. He didn't look too happy.

"What the hell were you doing?!" Hey shouted as he walked over to me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Uh, you were almost hit by a car! What were you doing to do that!?" He explained angrily.

"I, uh," I couldn't remember. "I don't know?" I shrugged.

"He must have hit his head, but he was trying to grab this thing off the road," Tonga said, throwing something to Fiji.

"A lighter? What were you doing with a lighter?" Fiji asked. The realisation hit me.

"Give that back!" I shouted. Fiji looked between me and the lighter confused, and then a smug crossed his face.

"What if I don't?" He said smugly.

"Now is not the time to play annoying little brother!" I grumbled trying to stand up. It hurt to stand, but I managed to steady myself while Tonga held his arms out in case I fell.

"I'll give it back if you tell me why you were trying to save this," He girned. Oh I really hated him right now.

"It was a gift from Russia," I mumbled. There was silence in the room.

"There is no way that can be true, Russia barely knows about Oceania, let alone you, where did you really get it?" Tonga asked.

"I'm not lying, we are friends now," I argued.

"Really? I didn't think you of all countries would stoop that low. Is this what private school is doing to you?" Palau said.

"What do you mean 'stoop that low'? He is a good friend! Along with Brazil and Iraq," I muttered angrily.

"Brazil and Iraq too? I heard they were the delinquents of that school, how did you get to hang with them?" Tonga asked.

"Uh, well, I guess I shouldn't hide things from my real family." I sighed.

"I stabbed someone, and then broke Argentina's nose and then I ditched detention with Russia, Brazil and Iraq," I started explaining.

"Hold up, did you say you stabbed someone? That's it, those Europeans are screwing you up so you are staying with us," Tuvalu said.

"Oh hey, Tuvalu," Tonga waved.

"I don't really care, I just don't want to go back, and can I have my lighter back!?" I shouted as I noticed Fiji playing with it. Fiji didn't give it back, he just smirked and put it down on the table.

"Well, we don't have a spare bed, but you can sleep on the couch," Palau said.

"Okay," I said lying down.

"Wait, won't UK care?" Fiji asked.

"F#ck UK, he can go piss off France!" I shouted. I heard an offended gasp.

"Oh, sorry New Caledonia, I didn't know you were here," I sighed.

"Tu as de la chance que tu sois mon frère," She muttered as she walked out of the room. (Translation: 'You are lucky you are my brother' Sorry if it is bad French. if you know any better translations please tell me!).

"Tonga, go get Aotearoa a blanket, Fiji, get the first aid kit, I'll check his injuries," Palau sighed. Everyone did as she instructed.

Palau walked over to me and got me to sit up while she took off the bandages around my arm and head. I could see her grimace at the condition of my arm. I didn't feel like looking. Tonga walked back in the room with a blanket.

"Yesh, that looks painful," He said, placing the blanket on the armrest of the couch.

"For someone who saved him, you didn't do a very good job," Palau joked.

"Hey! Being a hero is hard!" Tonga joked back.

"Holy Sh!t!" Fiji shouted as he walked over with the first aid kit in hand.

"Just give it here," Palau sighed, grabbing the kit from his hands.

"You're welcome," Fiji said rudely before walking off. Palau rolled her eyes and then started looking through the first aid kit. While she was doing that, I decided to take a little peek at my arm. It looked as if the skin had been sanded off. That scared the living hell out of me, but all that came out of my throat was:

"Oh, so that's why it hurts so much,"

And then I started feeling the delayed pain in both my arm and head. I felt like burning. Almost worse than fire. I held my tongue though.

"Found it! Now, this will hurt a little, but it needs to be done," Palau started.

"Just do it," I sighed through the already hellish pain as I waited for her to use the anti-septic.

Long story short: I cried. It was too painful.

"Well, that is that done," Palau laughed a little as she finished wrapping up my arm in a new bandage. She had decided to not use the antiseptic on my head yet. She gave it a new bandage though.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem, now get to sleep," She laughed as she threw me the blanket and turned off the light.

I got myself comfortable on the couch and put the blanket over me. Although I didn't have a bed, it still felt like I had a safe home. I was with my real family.

I looked at the ceiling and thought about all of the memories I have had with them. The very first time I met them. All of the jokes we had shared. And the theories we made about who were my real parents.

"Real parents. Heh. That would be nice. hmm,"

"Hey, real mum and dad, where are you? Why is this happening to me? Heh, look at me, I'm talking to dead people, who much sadder can this get," I sighed. I closed my eyes, attempting to fall asleep.

Things will get better in the morning. I promise...