-Chapter 77

All day so far Jack has been taunting me and teasing me about being hired. All I get when I walk around this college is stares from people because they all know my secret. Although I am attempting to pass off their rumours as lies but I highly believe they are going to listen to me.

"Hired." A boy I didn't even know laughed, bumping into me, knocking my books onto the floor. I quickly bent down and picked them up. Not two minutes after another boy is over, bumping into me 'accidentally' knocking them out of my hands again and I have nobody to back me up or help me.

I felt so alone.

I knelt down and picked them up, quickly running to my class before any other mishaps happened. I took my seat, hoping Jack would not perch himself next to me. But much to my dismay, he was there two minutes later.

"Hi freckles." He smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't have freckles." I sighed.

"Sure you do." He poked my cheek and I slapped his hand away. "Someone is grumpy." He pouted.

"Will you ever just go away?" I asked him.

"Nope." He leaned back in his seat, stretching his legs.

"Why are you always following me, can you not hang out with your own friends?" I asked him.

"I could, but teasing you is more satisfying." He said as the lecturer entered the room. I just ignored him and listened to the lecturer. I still have all that work to do tonight to hand in tomorrow. God help me.

At least Jack was nice enough to tell me what to catch up on.

After the lecture was over I went for lunch. I was sitting at one of the tables on my own when a girl came and sat next to me. "Hi, do you mind if I sit here?" She asked. Someone who doesn't know who I am, that's a start. She was very pretty and seemed nice enough. She had brunette hair, it was super long. I wish mine was that long.

"Nah, I'm on my own anyways." I chuckled.

"Same here oh my God, I don't know anybody in this place and I just didn't wanna sit on my own." She admitted.

"I'm Jenny." I smiled.

"Danielle." She smiled back.

"How are you finding this place?" I asked, taking a bite of my pizza.

"It's alright but jesus, I don't know anybody and I hate walking around here on my own." She chuckled.

"I wish I could say the same, I swear, there's this Jack boy and he is constantly following me around and I could just hit him so hard."

"Wait is that Jack, the one with the brown hair that had to repeat first year because he done so bad and basically all the girls are crazy for him?" She asked.

"Um.. it's only my second day here, I don't really know his reputation.."

"Well, I've only been in his class since last week and oh my God, he's the most irritating thing ever." She rolled her eyes.

"Wait.. did you say he's in your class?" I asked.

"All of them."

"So you do law?" I smiled and she nodded. "So do I." I grinned.

"Oh my God, so we have the same lectures!" She exclaimed.

"I must text my mom and tell her I finally made a friend." I joked.

"Same." She joked along with me. "You seem nice." She smiled, taking a sip of her drink.

"As do you." I smiled back.