Vol 5 Part 5

(3rd Person POV)

It was morning in Menagerie. Blake and Sun were on the steps of the Belladonna Family Home, both of them each holding a Scroll.

Blake: Okay. Are you ready?

Sun: I beat up on giant monsters and robots more than once, I think I can handle getting a few signatures.

Blake gave a small smile at Sun.

Blake stood on a platform in front of a crowd of Faunus, holding her scroll up in front of her.

Blake: Your chieftain needs you! Your people need you! Please, join the fight and help us save Haven Academy!

The Faunus just stared back at Blake.

Elsewhere, Sun tried to recruit a Faunus with ram horns.

Sun: Are you kidding me? We'd love to have someone with your skills on our side!

The Faunus nervously rubbed the back of his head, before his mother called out to him.

Worried Mother: Mata! Get back inside.

Mata: Mom!

Worried Mother: You're not going anywhere!

Sun sighed in disappointment.

Back to Blake, she held out her scroll to two Faunus girls asking them to sign up, but the two left.

Elsewhere, Sun hung upside down by his tail from a tree, getting the attention of a couple of Faunus cutting logs and gathering wood.

He gestured to his scroll, but the Faunus simply exchanged confused looks with each other. Sun sighed until another Faunus tried to cut down the tree that Sun was hanging on.

At the docks, Blake conversed with an aquatic Faunus as two more swam up to her. The Faunus Blake was conversing with left, and she turned to the two female aquatic Faunus that had just swam up, before they too swam away.

Blake, unsatisfied with the lack of progress, walked up to a nearby fruit stand where Sun happened to be present at also. The two of them shared disappointed glances.

After that, the two of them were sitting at a nearby table drinking from coconut cups, as Sun slammed his cup down.

Sun: I don't get it! How can they just sit around and do nothing with the White Fang getting ready to attack?

Blake: Because not everyone is like you and me. The Faunus here in Menagerie - the ones that weren't born on the island - moved here because they were tired of fighting, of having to struggle constantly. Menagerie is filled with people that just want to be left alone, and here we are, asking them to put the rest of the world before themselves.

Sun: I guess I never really thought about it like that.

Blake: The problem is, whatever happens at Haven is going to affect them whether they like it or not. If Adam gets his way and Haven falls, it's only going to make things worse for the Faunus. Everywhere.

Sun: Adam... He's the guy you used to... work with?

Blake: Yes.

Sun: Sorry, forget I brought it up.

Blake: No, it's okay... Have you ever met someone and thought to yourself, "They are the personification of this word."

Sun: Uh...

Blake: Okay, well, I remember getting to know Ruby and thinking, "This girl is the embodiment of "purity"." After a while, I saw Weiss was "defiance". And Yang was "strength".