Vol 8 Part 8

(Your POV)

You leapt at Ironwood, firing a shot forward, as he fired a gravity bullet to the side, pushing him into a wall as you flew by, crashing through the window as you looked out to where Winter was flying.

Suddenly your ankle was grabbed, and you were thrown back into the building, rolling once as you quickly bounced to your feet.

(Y/N): Why do you resist?

A bullet was fired at you, but you merely blocked it with your blade, sliding the weapon back into your sheath.

(Y/N): What is the reasoning? Surely you see that what I am doing is ri...

Another bullet fired, and then another as Ironwood launched towards you, slamming his fist into the ground as you backed up.

He turned his gun around, now holding it by the barrel as he swung it at your head, and when you ducked, he attempted to punch through you, you dashed to the side, activating your semblance as you unloaded all of the pain, the suffering that the pushed onto you, now back onto him.

He immediately disintegrated, into broken, red roses. No aura broken, nothing. The monster that had created you, that had been the original, was dead.

You thought of him for only another moment before looking back to the broken window, Winter nowhere to be seen. 

(Y/N): Hmm...

You closed your eyes, your eyes glowing with red and black flames, similar to those displayed by the Maidens.

(Y/N): Demonic guide the way for me...

You put the mask on your face, as you sensed for the Maiden powers, quickly finding the large reservoir of magic buildings away.

You walked through the hallway, slicing through the last of the soldiers, painting the walls red with blood.

The door was closed and locked, and you quickly blasted through the door with the Demonic powers, but as you walked in, you were suddenly assaulted by several small Nevermores.

The summons continued to fly towards you, as you drew your blade, slicing through them as they came closer and closer to you, not missing any.

From the tail end of the flock, Winter came forward, swinging her sword, as you backed up, dodging backwards as she continued her assault, falling into your trap.

As she swung her blade to meet yours, you blocked it up, upsetting her stance, and you turned and kicked her into the wall, stalking towards her, not wanting to leave any loose ends.

(Y/N): You should be thankful. Imagine how fast Salem would have destroyed the entirety of Atlas, taken the Maiden powers and gotten the Relic. I can save them.

Winter: You'll be a monster.

(Y/N): I'll be lionized.

You were about to stab down, when you had to turn around and block several shots as Atlas soldiers poured into the room, firing at you.

You effortlessly blocked and absorbed them all, as you approached the soldiers slowly, charging up your semblance, before you released it, decimating all of the soldiers and the doorway that they entered through. 

You turned as Winter was crawling over to the Winter Maiden, trying to reach her. You quickly shot your rifle at her several times, not wanting to take any chances.

You walked over as she yelled in pain, her aura already had been destroyed, bleeding from several places.

You stepped closer to her, kicking her away from the Winter Maiden, as you looked into her eyes one last time.