Vol 9 Part 3

(3rd Person POV)

Lenna looked around the clearing that the five of them occupied.

The father, Aasim, and his daughter, Masoumeh, sat on a log on the opposite side of the fire as her. He had his arm around her, pulling her in close to him as she stared into the fire, where the bird was cooking.

The archer girl, who still refused to give her name, had suddenly left the group after they killed the monster. As the four others waited she hunted for food, proclaiming that she was hungry.

She had quickly set up the fire, which had been lit by (Y/N), who had now also left without so much as a word.

Suddenly, the archer girl stood up from her spot, looking at Lenna.

Archer: Can you finish cooking?

Lenna: Umm...

To be honest, Lenna had never cooked a meal in her life. Having grown up in her... situation, she never had to, and even when she had left, she was with Ignatius, and the two of them had more than enough money to eat wherever they wanted.

Aasim: I can tend to it.

The archer turned to look at the tall man, who had lifted his hand up.

Archer: Good. I don't wanna eat charcoal tonight.

With that, the girl grabbed her bow and turned to leave the site, disappearing into the forest.

On the path to the Crimson Castle, a toy soldier, who was drumming, led Team RWBY, who were followed by three more toy soldiers.

Yang: Uh, are we sure we should do this?

Ruby: Well, the Red King helped Alyx.

Weiss: We aren't Alyx.

As they walked, a turquoise butterfly landed on top of a stone pillar.

Entering a courtyard, they saw many Toy Guards lined up along the pathway. A soldier did a drumroll, and the soldiers along the path played an extravagant fanfare. 

Pair by pair, they stepped aside, making way for a rather short-statured, crowned figure dressed in royal garments who walked down to Team RWBY. He posed dramatically as the fanfare came to an end, and Team RWBY looked on, flabbergasted.

Ruby: You're the Red King?

Red Prince: How dare you! There is no King! I'm the Red Prince. Hmph! Why, I never! Coming to someone's castle without even knowing who they are, and on my birthday!

Toy Guards: Happy Birthday, Your Majesty!

A soldier was distracted by the butterfly from earlier, before his fellow soldiers nudged him.

Toy Guard 01: Happy Birthday, Your Majesty!

He stood at attention again as The Prince looked on with a slight anger in his eyes, before calming his composure.

Red Prince: Yes, yes. A joyous occasion, thank you very much.

Blake whispered to Ruby.

Blake: Red Prince?

Yang: The King wasn't nearly as rude, or small, or loud.

Toy Guard 02: Well, if it hadn't been for your kind, the King would still be here!

The Toy Guards shushed him. Ruby sighed and stepped forward, smiling and curtsying.

Ruby: Happy birthday, Your Majesty.

Little: Happy birthday!

Yang: Ugh, happy birthday...

Blake: Happy birthday.