Vol 3 Part 12

(Your POV)

You stood across from Raven, taking in deep breaths. You couldn't beat her outright. Everyone had heard stories about Team STRQ, time to see if she lived up to it.

You grabbed a random sword lying on a box, testing it in your hands. It seemed cheaply made, not the refined weapons often used by huntsmen. What would you expect less from what you assumed were bandits.

Raven: Do you think this wise... Crossing blades with me?

You said nothing, holding the blade in front of you as Raven slid her larger blade across yours, creating a terrible sound.

She struck high and then low, which you were able to block well enough. Your Semblance would have to be on point to survive this.

She then shifted into a faster fighting stance, striking back and forth on both sides, causing you to have to pivot each time. It was unnatural, but it worked for the moment.

Then high and low, as she almost nicked you when she struck down, you had to leap over it, getting back to avoid getting taken out immediately.

As you did that, you also struck forward with your own blade, to which she easily blocked, but now smirked.

With that, you tested your luck, going on the offensive, similar to what you had seen at Beacon, especially from Jaune, although he probably wasn't the best to look up to.

You pushed her back, although you figured that was up to her seeing what you could do. At the end of your attack, she flicked her blade to the side, sending your right arm back, as you recovered.

Raven: At least you're not completely useless. But do you know where to go?

With that she stepped to the side, as you followed her steps, the two of you circling some imaginary dot in the middle.

As she stepped she made two quick cuts which you blocked, less effect than before, but it still didn't hit you, so you were counting it as a win.

Raven: Good enough.

Raven made several quick cuts that you couldn't block, and so you had to dive out of the way. When you looked back up, her blade was at your throat, the red blade, applying heat to your neck, which you didn't appreciate.

Raven: We have a lot to teach you.

With that she sheathed her blade, turning away from you.

Raven: You must be reborn. Follow me.

With that she started to walk out of the camp, away from everyone. You were confused, but stood up, throwing the blade to one of her bandits as you followed her.

(3rd Person POV)

Edel stepped forward as Ajax quickly shot a stream of darkness at Edel who blocked it, turning it into small streams of wind which fell around him.

Weiss: Edel!

Edel turned around, his eyes meeting hers.

Edel quickly used a gusts to throw Weiss to the side as Ajax launched a stream of darkness which was met by the wind of Edel, the amulet on his hand glowing.

Weiss slid into a wall, searching for Myrtenaster, but couldn't find her weapon of choice. She looked on as Edel tried to push Ajax back.

Ajax flicked the stream over Edel several times, trying to hit Weiss in the background, hoping to break Edel.

Edel looked back as parts of the wall, broken off, came crashing down on Weiss who managed to move out of the way, one landing on her ankle as she cried out in pain.