Vol 6 Part 4

(Your POV)

You suddenly found yourself in a dark area, trees hanging over you, snow on the ground.

You looked around, trying to find something, but only found red eyes staring at you, in the trees, seeming to watch you.

You gasped as you turned again to see Jinn only a few feet from you, as you recoiled.

Jinn: That was interesting, wasn't it?

You shook your head.

(Y/N): I'm starting to expect it.

Jinn hummed, floating around you, growing closer to her original size.

Jinn: Do you think you are special?

You shook your head.

(Y/N): No.

Jinn: No? The powers of a god don't empower you with confidence?

(Y/N): No. It's just like another semblance.

Jinn: It's much more than that.

You didn't say anything, just listened.

Jinn: In ancient times, Remnant was a land of misery, where the shadows of evil loomed large. With no huntsmen or huntresses, there was not much hope for mankind. The vengeful wrath of the God of Darkness manifested in infernal forms.

She paused, as if waiting for a reaction, but when you didn't offer anything she continued.

Jinn: Demons infested the land, a more powerful version of the Grimm, more closely aligned with the God of Darkness... even more than the Grimm. Ozma would create a group of warriors that went nameless, to vanquish the demons from which they came.

She held her hand out to you, as if gesturing.

Jinn: A group of five, led by the God of the Aether. They swore an oath to 'restore order through slaughter.' Years and years later, one turned on the others, and a battle ensued between the five of them.

She paused, as you took in the story of Ozma.

Jinn: Death came to three. The Wind imprisoned the Fire. The Bane of All Evil, the Conqueror of the Demonic, remains the sole surviving member of that group, that lives in this world today. He has since shouldered the task on himself, picking up the work of the other four.

(Y/N): Edel...

Jinn: Yes.

(Y/N): How did he... survive?

Jinn: He is a god. You saw him in the vision... he is a child of the gods.

(Y/N): Who is Aloysius, then?

Jinn: Aloysius is a mortal. His backstory was true. You have not seen Edel for quite some time... longer than you think.

You were suddenly thrown out of the vision, thrown onto the snow. You stood up, looking at Ozma, at Oscar, who was on the ground.

Yang: Salem can't be killed... you all heard her too, right?

Team RWBY all angrily glared at Ozpin, whose head was still down. He looked up, with tears streaming down his face. Qrow just looked away, while you tried to wrap your head around the situation.

Ozpin: I--

Yang was enraged, screaming at Ozpin.

Yang: There was so much you hadn't told us! How could you think that was okay?

Ozpin didn't say anything, he just hung his head back down in shame.

Ruby: Professor...

Ozpin looked up at her.