Vol 1 Part 15

(Your POV)

As you were walking through the city, Weiss waved her arms in the air.

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out.

(Y/N): She was like this when I talked about Winter, but that was it. I'm worried for my safety.

Ruby nodded next to you. Weiss turned to you and Ruby at your comments.

Weiss: How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!

(Y/N): See you had me until you said planning and organization.

Yang sighed, and crossed her arms.

Yang: Weiss you really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Weiss: Quiet, you two!

Yang: Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby covered her nose, in an attempt to block the smell.

Ruby: Ugh, they smell like fish!

You grabbed Ruby by the shoulders and turned her to face the waterfront.

(Y/N): I mean the ocean is right there.

Ruby blushed, and turned away, continuing to walk. Yang sent you a knowing look, and you brushed her off.

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!

(Y/N): Since when you were elected the representative of Beacon? I'm sure everyone would rather meet me.

Weiss: Why would anyone want to meet you, you dunce.

(Y/N): Everyone loves me, right Ruby?

Ruby: Uh...

Weiss: Ruby, I'm supposed to be your best friend!

Ruby: Uh...

(Y/N): Ruby, don't fall to the dark side!

Blake interjected, walking in between you and Weiss.

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss: You can't prove that!

(Y/N): You pretty much just proved it yourself.

Ruby: Whoa.

You and Team RWBY looked at a shattered window down the street and a door full of yellow caution tape of the Vale Police Force before walking over to the detective in front, who was writing on his pad.

Ruby: What happened here?

Detective 1: Robbery. Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle.

Yang: That's terrible.

Detective 2: They left all the money again.

Ruby: Huh?

(Y/N): It makes sense, Rubes. It's been Roman's staple since he started that night when we stopped him.

Ruby: Rubes?

Detective 1: Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much Dust?

Detective 2: I don't know, an army?