Vol 5 Part 9

(Your POV)

Ruby: Hey...

Ruby sat down next to you, as you looked ahead into the sun.

(Y/N): Hi.

The two of you sat in silence, you looking at the sun, but you knew that Ruby had her eyes on you the entire time.

Ruby: Can we talk?

You sighed, looking straight at her for the first time in a while.

(Y/N): I suppose so.

Ruby nodded, looking down in her hands, as now you looked on, while she avoided your gaze.

Ruby: What happened?

(Y/N): Hmm?

You knew what she was talking about, what she wanted to speak on, but you wanted to avoid the issue for at least a little while longer.

Ruby: That day when you woke up early. The first time that you did... or at...

Ruby paused, before looking back at you.

Ruby: Was that the first time? Were you hiding it before? Were y...

(Y/N): It was the first time, Ruby.

Ruby nodded, looking relieved at that fact.

Ruby: What happened? Was it just a bad nightmare?

Ruby was probably just looking for an easy yes, but when you didn't respond, she put a hand on your shoulder.

You instinctively pulled away, refusing to meet her gaze.

Ruby: Please...

You paused, hearing the sadness in her voice. Staying away was one thing, hurting her...

(Y/N): I saw myself killing you.

You didn't feel Ruby pull away or me at all, and so you continued.

(Y/N): It was some sort of... I don't know, alternate way that things could have happened. I was sl... I was with Neo and Roman, the night that I met you. It went along and we fought, but Edel was there, fighting me.

You paused, thinking about the... whatever it was once again.

(Y/N): You were beating Neo... and at the first chance I jumped back, stabbing you through the back... I then woke up and... well you know the rest.

You sat in silence for a few moments, waiting for Ruby to say something.

Ruby: So... you see yourself killing me every night?

(Y/N): No, there's a wide range, all from that, to Edel killing me, Edel killing you...

Ruby: When?

(Y/N): Huh?

You turned to look at Ruby, starting to grow more comfortable, but still quite wary at the prospect of harming her.

Ruby: When did they start? The visions, I mean.

(Y/N): Oh.

You thought back to months that had long gone by.

(Y/N): A long while ago. Back at my first day at Beacon, I saw visions of other things, and then it continued on. But the first time I saw you in the visions was that day.

You clenched your jaw, tensing up at the mention of it. Try as you may, these things bothered you, more than any other visions had.

(Y/N): I'm scared. I was controlled by someone into trying to hurt you. If Edel wasn't there, at the very least I would have cut out your eyes.