Vol 3 Part 4

(3rd Person POV)

Edel woke up, looking from side to side.

He was in a room, a dorm room at Beacon Academy. He didn't recognize it, meaning he probably snuck or broke into the room. No one had come in and arrested him so that was good.

He then noticed the weight on his chest and looked at it. He let out a sigh.

Edel: I'm sorry...

He kept his hands wrapped around her, holding her close to him, as he sighed, rubbing her back as her eyes slowly opened, looking down at him.

He used his hands to lift Weiss off of him and gently laid her down on the other side of the bed, as she looked at him.

He then got up, and walked to the bathroom. 

She watched him do so... Were his eyes not dark brown, and not amber, for a moment?

He opened the door stepping in, as he closed it behind him.

He slumped down, sitting against the wall as he pulled out one of his cigars. He closed his eyes as he took a puff of the cigarette, letting the hallucinogenic wash over him.

His headache disappeared and the world appeared blurry to him. A girl was sitting next to him, blonde hair, blue eyes, and a white dress.

She gave him a smirk that he was familiar with.

Renata: Any news around?

Edel: No... Help me find you.

Instead of answering, Renata gave a question of her own.

Renata: Do you miss me?

Edel stared at her shimmery image. She was how he remembered her from the old days, the same white dress she wore that day... when they were separated...

Edel turned away from her, taking another drag on his cigar. Did he miss her?

Edel: Every day.

Renata: You've been trying to find me.

She scooted closer to Edel, leaning against the door with him. He swore he could almost feel her shoulder against his. They both leaned against the door, just sitting there, contempt to just being in each other's company.

And then she was gone. His blood filtered out anything before it could take effect.

He sighed, when behind them he heard a knock on the door.

Weiss: Can I come in?

Edel banged his head against the door.

Edel: Go away.

Weiss: What?

Edel: I know you're not real, go away.

Weiss: Edel, let me in.

Edel: Go away...

Weiss: No.

Edel: If you were real you would listen to me. I know you like me. Honor my wish...

Weiss: I won't leave you like you left me.

Edel: I didn't leave you.

Weiss: You did, you left me for everyone else.

He didn't care about her. He did. Why should he then, if only a parasite cared?

Edel: Leave me be.

And then she was gone.

Her presence was no longer on the other side of the door. Edel just slid down the side of the wall, contempt to wallow away in his grief. He rested his head against the wall and closed his eyes, falling asleep yet again.