Vol 1 Part 2

(3rd Person POV)

As the ships descended, Yang and Ruby walked out of the doors and to Beacon with the rest of the students. She saw Vomit-Boy at the front of the line and he still was feeling the effects of the ride over here. They walked past him and onto the landing site. Walking up the path they finally saw the school.

Ruby: Wow...

Yang: Whoa.

They both looked up at Beacon Academy in all of its glory. The majestic white gates that stood in front of the tall and dark towers that loomed in the background.

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!

Ruby turned to see students walking by with the best part about them. Of course she got really excited.

Ruby: Oh my gosh, sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!

Yang pulled her back from the students as Ruby wanted to go see their weapons.

Ruby: Ow! Ooww!

Yang: Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!

Ruby stared back at Yang in shock.

Ruby: Just weapons? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby pulled out Crescent Rose and hugged her amazing weapon.

Ruby: Of course I'm happy with it! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better...

Yang pulled Ruby's hood over her head.

Yang: Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?

Ruby: But... Why would I need friends if I have you?

Suddenly a large group of students surrounded Yang. They begin talking excitingly to her and the others in the group. Yang suddenly looked really excited to find her friends.

Yang: Well actually, my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye!

The group rushed off faster than even Ruby could. Their speed caused her to spin around and lose control.

Ruby: Wait, where are you going? Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing...

Because Ruby was so dizzy she fell over into a luggage container. The cases that were on the cart went flying all around her. She looked up and saw a girl in white looking at her furiously.

Weiss: What are you doing?

Ruby slowly sat up and got a better look at the girl. She wore a white combat skirt and seemed to have a rapier at her hip.

Ruby: Uh, sorry.

Weiss: Sorry? Do you have any idea that damage you could have caused?

Ruby grabbed one of the cases and held it out for her outstretched hand. She snatched it away from her as fast as possible.

Weiss: Give me that! This is dust, mined and purified from the Schnee Quarry!

She opened the case to reveal the dust.

Ruby: Uhhhhh...

She then took out a fire dust case and shook it around. Apparently they weren't closed very well because the dust started to leak out.